Howdy! Newbie from Ohio 86 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATURN5

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 1, 2008
Kettering, Oh USA
Howdy!

Bought a project for the wife, a 86 442, Gray two tone, T-tops, usual bits. It's in fairly good shape other than seals and carpet/dash. The 307 has seen better days, has a rod knock.

Come warmer weather I have a 403, cam, performer rpm intake, new headers and exhaust to swap in. Plans are to keep it looking more or less stock. Next year may find some LS1 based brakes underneath.

Been around numerous other boards for years, My last project was a frame off, mini tub and notched 80 Malibu. Fabbed up a twin M90 superchargers setup using TPI and a SyTy ECM. My nephew now owns it..

Oh yeah... Theres a SVO and a 68 F100 hiding around here too..
:)

Bob

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
Welcome! Would love to see some pictures of all those cars. Especially the supercharged one.

beeterolds

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2007
Cleveland ohio 44131
welcome aboard! its nice that your going to keep your olds Olds powered!!

SATURN5

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 1, 2008
Kettering, Oh USA
Thanks!

More on the Malibu..

Other mods include,

Frame notched, mini tubbed.

Super T-10, hurst shifter, 4th gen hydros for the clutch

12" Impala brakes/spindles, ub machine tubular upper A arms, 36MM F body sway bay,steering box and 1LE springs -1 coil. Also have F-41 braces.

Heavy duty 9" housing, big bearings, 11" SVO discs (my brackets), housing modified by me to fit the G-body (originally Versailles). 28 spline axles, 4 pinion trac loc, 3:50 gears. boxed lowers, Jegs upper adjustable arms.

shorty headers, custom y pipe, 3" cat, hooker GN duals with 2 chamber Flowmasters. GN fuel tank with F-body fuel lines.

87 Monte SS dash/gauges, 749 Typhoon ECM/code with modified harness. all bushings are urethane or heim.

You may have to register to see them but searching my nick over on thirdgen will pull up alot of the pics..

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/power ... win+eatons

33617d1042519261-twin-eatons-alive-pdrv0012.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow sounds like quite the cars welcome to the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor