HRPT 2023

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Registration is open for regular Joe’s. Locations are Atlanta Motor Speedway, SC state fairgrounds, Rockingham Speedway, Zmax Dragway, and Bristol Motor Speedway, June 12-16. I registered last night.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
South of the Mason Dixon line again?

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Yep, the heart of Dixie tour. NC to Bristol should be through the Appalachian mountains so maybe not crotch-hot like the other stops.

bs009

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2008
Smashville
I hate how the last few years have been so far south. 2018, 2019, 2022, and now 2023 have all been deep in the south and have been crazy hot trips (2019 was actually cold and rainy though). I don't understand why they've been picking the hottest most humid part of the country near the peak of the summer for a lot of old hot rods to cruise to.
Nevertheless I'm planning on going this year again for the full trip since it's not too far from me. Should be in my g-body again unless I pick up another project between now and then haha

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I have no issues with it being in the south. It'll go within 20 minutes of me. I may join up for the Columbia stop. Can't do the whole thing. I don't know yet.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
South of the Mason Dixon line again?

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB
Ya know that you can still whistle the Battle Hymn of the Republic even when south of the Mason Dixon? Something to do with the results of a war, or something, I heard ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I hate how the last few years have been so far south. 2018, 2019, 2022, and now 2023 have all been deep in the south and have been crazy hot trips (2019 was actually cold and rainy though). I don't understand why they've been picking the hottest most humid part of the country near the peak of the summer for a lot of old hot rods to cruise to.
Nevertheless I'm planning on going this year again for the full trip since it's not too far from me. Should be in my g-body again unless I pick up another project between now and then haha
I'm sure there are a variety of factors that are considered when choosing venues and routes, but yeah, seems like they could move it around a little more. The facility and surrounding area have to be able to handle 4,000 plus participants, and spectators on top of that. Space for activities like vendors, drag racing, or autocross narrow the choices more. Maybe demographics of past participants, magazine and digital subscribers??? I maybe shouldn't say it, but possibly the political climate of some states isn't exactly welcoming to 4-5,000 gas guzzling climate change/global warming machines cruising through only for entertainment. Crime rates? Wolverines? People in the South talk slowly enough that everyone can understand them? HOT ROD staff throwing darts at a map? Hell I don't know.

Reactions: 1 user

bs009

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2008
Smashville

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Madison WI, Road America in WI, Brainerd Int. raceway in MN, MN state fair grounds, Iowa State fair grounds, Lincoln/Omaha NB, all great spots that they have never been.

Western PA looks untouched. Niagra Falls would be sweet.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor