HUH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Just tried to post pictures to the non G thread and the software wouldn't cooperate.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
O---kay, and that would not be the weirdest thing that occurred to today. maybe should have elaborated on the post being to the NoN G-project forum but don't think that would make the difference. It was the actual picture upload mechanism that did not appear to match the versions that I have used in the past. Just wondering.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
DSCN2661.JPG

So I promised to post some pictures.............and just now finally figured out how this new upload routine works. This is my new shop furnace, gas driven, high efficiency. As currently located it is over 9' off the ground and tucked away just neatly over the garden door and above/in front of the goat locker.

DSCN2664.JPG

Outside the shop, this is all you see of the plumbing. For the curious, the dog leg is there to allow and compensate for any vertical motion in the building due to frost. The original plan was to put the shop on a separate meter but to do so would have meant having an entirely separate feed line place in the ground and the cost per foot of pipe was enough to support a small town in rural North America. May still get it done but have the meter on the west side of the building to minimize the run and cut the cost.

DSCN2662.JPG

Inside, a quick pic of my other "G-Body" that being my 80 G-10 Chev Van. With heat on tap I can now go after that t-mission swap I have been waiting on for a while. I have an 85 iteration of the 700R4 that came from a 1/2 ton p/u so compatibility is a non starter.. The other shop job is a conversion for the fuel system to a Hi-Vol Holley in tank fuel pump. This will allow me to get rid of the FI Tech booster pump that is currently installed in the fuel delivery system. Got a distinct suspicion that that booster is a large part of my stop and go commuter traffic fuel starve out issue; mostly because it is an early model and is alleged not to have internal baffling inside it to keep the fuel at the pickup.

DSCN2663.JPG

And finally, buried under its blankie, is my 85 M/Carlo S/S. Not much to see here. What was supposed to be going on was a skin swap for the drivers door. Problem is, the skin got ordered, made it into transit, and disappeared; a victim of COVID and the border gestapo and their dumbass rules about what is essential or strategic and what is not. If it is like the rest of the stuff I have waiting what I will probably receive when this miserable virus has run its course is a lot of rusty flakes and an insincere apology from some minor bureaucrap or functionary.

Oh yeah, the stuff in the background is a few other items; in the bags on the stand is my 400 CI small block. Stock bore near as I can figure out, never built or even seen a machine shop. it was intended to go into a late model but life got in the way of the neighbour's living so it sat in his garage until he got forced to move by illness so it ended up with me. Behind and obscured by it is that 700R4. My cherry picker is just beside it. What will happen prior to the transmission swap is that it will end up on the engine stand and get a new filter and gasket and fresh oil prior to being stuffed in. The oil is nice and red and odorless but who knows what is in the pan so off it will come. Ounce or prevention vs pound of cure and all that.

Anyway................

Later, Nick

Reactions: 4 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Oh, yeah, if the forum admin dude wants to go ahead and move this to the correct location, which is the "What did you do to your Non G-body forum" that's cool. That is where all this belongs after all.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor