Hunting season 2022

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
List what state, or province for our northern brothers, you're in and any details.

I'll go first 😄

Little guy I stuck last night, strong quartering away shot. Looked for blood almost zero trail, backed out and looked this morning. 5 mins later found him 40 yards from where I shot him. Thought it was a doe, was the last minute of legal shooting light, his older brother walked in front of me a minute before but I had no shot.

20221029_084637.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Hope your shot angle didn't do too much internal damage to the meat. Hang 'im high and let 'im bleed, get 'im butchered and drop the steaks, chops, roasts and other cuts into the freezer right quick to keep them good.

Me? Ontario. Total ban on long rifle sales now in effect. Personal protection devices, aka the AR-15 and all its variants, banned. Not sure about how it all affects the bow and arrow contingent. Rules for them too.

Hunting?? Only if you win the lottery for licenses. Just as well because the Conservation Officers, aka CO's, outnumber the varmints and have no compunctions about seizing everything you have and dropping a huge fine on you for the most trivial of infractions on the long list of items they can be nasty about.

Nope. my days of crawling around in the toolies trying to find Bambi and hoping Thumper isn't around to rat me out to the cops are long over.

Nick

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hope your shot angle didn't do too much internal damage to the meat. Hang 'im high and let 'im bleed, get 'im butchered and drop the steaks, chops, roasts and other cuts into the freezer right quick to keep them good.

Me? Ontario. Total ban on long rifle sales now in effect. Personal protection devices, aka the AR-15 and all its variants, banned. Not sure about how it all affects the bow and arrow contingent. Rules for them too.

Hunting?? Only if you win the lottery for licenses. Just as well because the Conservation Officers, aka CO's, outnumber the varmints and have no compunctions about seizing everything you have and dropping a huge fine on you for the most trivial of infractions on the long list of items they can be nasty about.

Nope. my days of crawling around in the toolies trying to find Bambi and hoping Thumper isn't around to rat me out to the cops are long over.

Nick
Used to be.... oh, 20 years ago at least, that I recall a good number of maritime province outfits advertising bear hunts and elk/caribou outfits from Manitoba/Alberta at the new england outdoor shows trying to lure the American charter outfits up to hunt. Easy in easy out bringing your rifle with you.

Wonder how the new landscape has changed that. From what I recall it brought in a decent piece of cash when you added up the 'slots' and the number of outfits. Not that the touchy-feely-woke-millenial anti-sporting crowds care much on that side of things or all the facets of good population management that the sporting groups foster.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Nick
I know the shot looks far back, it was quartered away hard, didn't get the guts at all believe it or not, just the stomach and a lung.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Harvested a nice doe this morning. First deer I have harvested on my property in awhile

• Winner

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Went for a little bit tonight. Had a half rack spike chase a 1 1/2 doe by. Neither would fill the freezer. Had some other does circle around and no shot. Had a high 8 point come up just out of range, no good shot.

Things seem to be warming up real nice here in western pa.

Back out tomorrow night, see if something messes up.

• Friendly

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I shot Bambi last night. Thank God I missed the stinky parts. Got maybe 25lb in my freezer - it is a start. Couldn't focus while holding flashlight. Working too much lately - I'll take anything that walks in front of me at this point. So little lol. Salem County NJ.

Attachments

• received_495275962649884.jpeg
    received_495275962649884.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 5

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
You can't eat horns. My first job is food, second is horns...

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
My son and I decided to make the drive to Harrisburg today for the outdoor show. Been something like 20 years since I was there last. It's a day walking around just looking. First time for my son. Good day to get out and do something different.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Buddy of mine put a doe down last week local area and I got some of it. Backstrap, tenderloin, roast, quarter steaks, stew meat chunks. About 15lbs worth. I'm good with that.

I bought a new rifle I've been looking for now for a few years for hunting season, I've had my Ruger Redhawk Hunter for a while. The rifle is a Henry Big Boy in 44 Magnum.

HENRY 44 & RH HUNTER.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor