Hurricane Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
We are in for some bad-a**ed weather here. Cat 4. Heavy flooding and high winds.. Not a matter of if I lose power but when. Local weather forecast is rain and wind gusts up to about 100mph. Just started to rain. We anticipate upwards of 10000 claims, so with Florence and STILL Irma my life will pretty much suck for awhile. Have generator, chainsaw and tractor ready so we will wait and see. Will post as things develop.
I hope people who were told to leave do.

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
We are at 275 feet so I have no concerns with flood. I live on a dirt road with lots of trees so ingress/egress may be an issue. This is a storm of historic proportions in the panhandle. Last one like this was about 1850. Lots of mandatory evacuations and even inland mobile home orders.
A good site is spaghettimodels.com.

• Scared

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Greg,
Best of luck to you and your family. I was thinking about you this morning knowing that you're situated right in the "line of fire". This one looks like it will be a strong system.
They say it will be the one of the worst ones to hit the panhandle...if not the worst.
Be safe. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I appreciate it. Winds starting to increase just sprinkling of rain so far

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Praying for you and all the people in Florida. Stay safe.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Thanks,
Michael is starting to step up here.
My son (Michael) just started a month or so ago as an adjuster working with the same insurance company I work for and boy have I been catching a ration of s**t

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Greg,
I suspect you're going to be busy after this hurricane has blown thru. Between working as an adjuster and tending to your own property.
Once again, good luck!

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Greg,
I suspect you're going to be busy after this hurricane has blown thru. Between working as an adjuster and tending to your own property.
Once again, good luck!

I know, right. So far from the house is see branches down. We are still dealing with Hurricane Irma, have some Florence and now Michael. I just think job security:)
Great career choice for people. I started out in about 2005 after getting out of the automotive world as an independent adjuster. I now work for a carrier that I did work for as an IA. I got tired of the driving, climbing 8/12 roofs and working at home. Don't make as much money as I did but great benefits, people and a good place for this time in my life.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm wondering how the people in the Carolinas and Georgia are going to fair, especially after they've experienced all the flooding, etc. from Florence.

Being an independent adjuster is no picnic, and not any easier than working directly for a company...and as you mentioned...the benefits.,
Either way, there's still tons of paperwork that comes with the territory. However, it probably entails more hustling as an independent.
After reaching a certain age, you're looking to slowdown and make life a little easier for yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor