Hurricane Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Hey all,
Thanks for all the good wishes.
I was without ALL communications for a bit. All my group are good with minor damages. At the house I lost several century trees including's, pecan, hickories and several varieties of oaks. Shame. Neighbor and I spent 2 hours clearing our road to the hard road. Mile and a half. 2 guys, 2 tractors, 2 chainsaws. No power or phone and do not anticipate for at least more 2 weeks at best. Was actually surprised to have internet access this morning. The up side is I have a gas grill, lots of stored food and water. Plenty of fuel to run my 3.5k generator to keep freezers and fans running. Weather has cooled a bunch so other then a big a**ed mess we are good. Claim count is low but only probably due to people not being able to access their house. Re-insurers state we will have 60 million or so in damages.
Bad historic storm with still unknown casualtys. I worked the area of Florida when I was an independent where it impacted. Lots of small burgs in middle of no where. One of my buddies lost a half of a million dollars of timber in Marianna along with a bunch of older barns. His grandmother who lived on the homestead passed away early this year and said if she saw the damage it would have killed her.
Just glad to be here and now is when I earn my money getting claims paid and people the help they need.

Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
just to give you a comparable on damages we are at about 230 million for Hurricane Irma so far!

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Me being me, I always try to find the lighter side of stuff and I have to say jalopena/venison link sausage cooked on an outside grill with 2 eggs fried in a cast iron skillet is not to shabby. All good in Gregville:)

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Man. That sounds good. Almost like you’re camping out at home. Hope things get back to somewhat normal soon. Glad you and your family are safe.

Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
We just got power back on here at the house (Greensboro NC), i-net still down, but at least we're back up. Michael came through fast and hard, and did way more damage than Florence did over the longer period she was here, mainly due to heavy winds and torrential rain. Baptized my bargain Explorer at 5am when they only blocked the road from the other side of the flooding... It pulled itself out and around several fallen trees on the way to work... Hope anyone else that was in the path is alright.

If any of you guys are power linemen, my hat is off to you, and thank you for all you do to keep us on.

Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Michael Up-date
Too many deaths. 2 in our circle. One of my wife's students and my wife's girlfriend boyfriend. The student was tragic I hate to say and the boyfriend seemed to ignore some heart warning signs and died doing relief work in Apalachicola. Wife pretty upset. Lineman in Marianna restoring power lines have to have guards. I have access to a site that shows very clear satellite footage of before and after using a cursor. Pretty unbelievable the damage. Claims count what we expected but the amount of each loss will probably be double that of Irma. I am approving a lot of advances and payments getting funds where it is needed. Fortunately we are well prepared. One of the bad things is the hurricane went through a lot of poor rural areas and people have limited insurance coverage, such as no or low additional living expense. Obviously no hotels. This kinda pisses me off that linemen and relief people needed for the storm have had to leave local(Tallahassee hotels ) because there is a Florida State home game. I like FSU football but come on. What is the greater good? Sorry, just venting a little as it has been a tough week. Taking my last weekend off for awhile as our claim reports will start piling in next week. man, all I got to say is if you can lend a hand please do but research who you give it to. Glad you all are safe. We got power on yesterday

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
This kinda pisses me off that linemen and relief people needed for the storm have had to leave local(Tallahassee hotels ) because there is a Florida State home game. I like FSU football but come on.
Maybe FSU should cover the bill of dislocating those down your way to help plus cover fuel, food, supplies. What the F@#K does a bunch of football fans do to help restore services? Then the hotels booting them for higher paying guest cause its college football season should lose any future revenue from the companies sending the guys to work. All involved should eat a bag of di@ks. Self serving asses.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Seeing some bad stuff when I review claims to pay. Getting reports in from the outside adjusters. Pretty tragic. On the up side I was reviewing a claim in the panhandle and there was carnage everywhere. Trees downs, debris strewn about, outbuildings turned over and in the middle was a G body El C that made it through the storm without being crushed. I wanted to post a pic but privacy issues prevent it.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor