Hurricane Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I can see Michael from my house! LOL

By the time it gets to S.C., hopefully it'll just be a tropical storm. Not a hurricane. First thing this morning, the forecast had the "eye" estimated to go by the house about 8:30 Thursday morning. Approximately 3 miles to the west of us, which would SUCK.

Over time, they've moved that quite a bit further northwest of us. Still......it's probably going to suck. I'm ready though. I think.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I hope all you guys, family and friends make out ok this hurricane. It's a bad one so take care and don't rush to get back if you have evacuated. I hope any looters get shot on site.

Reactions: 1 users

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Greg, Hang in there and be safe. I'll be heading you're way in a few days.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
In this corner: motorhead "the hurricane" michael!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Lost power at 3:30. 3" rain so not as much as expected. On generator now. Eye went about 30-40 miles west of me. Lost a huge pecan tree in drive and lots of tree debris. House and 2 barns look good so far. Don't know about 3rd barn and deer stands. Son Michael has lost a bunch of shingles on his house. Entered Georgia as a cat 3. Just heard thunder for first time. So far no one in my group has suffered any significant damage. I feel for people in S Carolina as some areas have just had access in the last few days and now they have this. On the upside Michael went through a lot of rural and farm areas that don't have a lot of structures but the farmers are going to take a hit as it is harvesting season here. A lot of people will need some help and as I hate to be cynical there will also be a bunch of predators out there. We have about 3 to 4 more hours and should be in clear with winds dying down. Radar shows rain slowing down. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
My fun starts in about 8 hours or so. Not as intense I hope. But......

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's here. GD, just what I need today... I live out in the country and there's LOTS of pine trees along the roads. So I'm staying put for a while. I know what happens to pine trees and heavy duty storms, let alone tropical storms like this.

I hope everyone is safe that lives in the path or in the wake. Latest reports is the "eye" or what's left of it is going to go a tad more to the north side of us, thank goodness. Still very windy and heavy rain at the moment, so figured I'd throw this post up before I lost power. I live on the END of a power path, so if a bird sitting on a power cable somewhere farts, that's enough for us to be in the dark. According to the Redneck Elektrissity Companee. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
The best of luck to you and your family my friend and all Floridians . Stay safe and " MAY GOD BLESS ALL " !!!!!

• Friendly
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor