Hurst Hairy Olds- Video AND pics after the crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Interestingly enough, the post JAMCAR223 put up with the AWD Cutlass made me think about a conversation I had years ago with a guy in NY (Buffalo I think) about Hurst/Oldses and other Oldsmobile junk in general and we talked about burnouts, etc., and we got to talking about the Hurst heyday and the HHO. He said he was in Niagra when the HHO crashed and took a couple of pictures when it arrived on the back of the truck and one after the crash. He said he'd look for them and send me what he found. He scanned them and sent me the pics. There were only two of them, but it's kinda cool to have a copy of someone's personal pics of stuff like this.

I looked at those pictures I had in my Hurst files on the computer, and then I remembered a video I had seen a few years back of the HHO skidding off the track. I went back and found the video and WTF?! The video was at the same event!

Here they are for anyone who GAFF.

hursthairyoldsbeforecrash.jpg

hursthairyoldscrash.jpg

The video:

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Great pictures and video. That was one of a few crashes it had. The tires were a lot of the problems back then.
Along with torque steer like a ****. 2000+ HP has a way of messing up your day if it gets away from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor