Hurst Lightning Rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not if it's adjusted right. You'll maybe need to add length to the backdrive rod though, depending on what trans was in it to begin with. I think fleming442 said he fabbed up something with a threaded piece or something to lengthen one of his backdrive rods. So he may chime in. LR in an older T/A is interesting to say the least.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yup, I added about 3/4" to the long section before the bend at the trans with a 3/8" pipe nipple (sleeved the rod and welded). It's a little funky between N and D, but nothing unbearable. Sometimes slamming it from P to D will miss OD, and just have to kick it up to N and drop it back in. Any good hot rod needs Driving Instructions! :mrgreen:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Nascar-TA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2016
Macomb Michigan
I will check on 301 Garage. A bunch of people did the 200 4R swap, but not with lightning rods. If they got nuetral and reverse lights to work with the 200 4R i am 3/4 the way there.

Thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor