Hurst olds hood scoop trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
So i found a ho hood scoop with trim. It is black but had been silver. But i believe im missing a part to the trim. I did not get the little connector part that connect from the curve of the bulb to the flat part. Does anyone know if that part is available separate or would anyone by chance have one.
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You talking about the hood trim part that meets the scoop trim at the front of the scoop? On the scoop itself, there's only 2 hold down clips bolted to the scoop for the trim. There's a little piece that's bent about 45 degrees or so that has a threaded stem that goes through the hole in the hood right in front of the scoop. It basically ties the hood trim to the scoop trim in the front. The bend over the bulb isn't quite perfect. My original scoop on the 84 is like that as well as the spare scoop I have.

Tamraz sells a center trim kit with the connector as they call it.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Yes that little connector is what im missing. I didnt know if it was available by itself anywhere since i have the other 2 pieces

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I think i can get buy with a piece 14 guage bent to connect the two pieces and drill my own hole for a trim mount.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Probably the best idea. Not sure where you'd get a clip like that one by itself, #2 in the drawing below. Parts book says N.S. which means "Not Serviced". Which means, no dice, no parts in the system. Rest of the trim can be held on with typical center hood trim clips, #4 in the drawing below. GM p/n 367862. The nut is a stamped hollow nut, mounted with the hollow side down, and usually is bushed with a rubber washer between it and the bottom of the scoop/hood metal. Book says 5 mm, but no part number. hmm.

HO front end body parts.jpg

Here's the bottom of my spare scoop. You can see the nut/rubber washer setup. The scoop hold down studs are 1/4-20.

84 HO hood scoop bottom.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor