Hurst Olds Lightning Rod Part Number Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nascar-TA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2016
Macomb Michigan
:unsure:Hello I purchased a 1984 Hurst Lightning Rod Set with the mounting bracket. I also bought the Hurst Olds GM Cars & Concepts information pack because I wanted to use it to get the instructions how to retrofit it into my car. The Cars & Concept information part numbers are not matching the part numbers that I am seeing advertised. Here are the cars & concepts part numbers and what i have found advertised.
Hurst trans pan bracket C&C number 1660328 Other places number for sale number 22521603
Hurst Trans Cable C&C number 1830006 Other places number for sale number 357746
Hurst Mounting bracket C&C number 6400090 Actual part number stamped in part 1950191

What is the correct numbers that I should be using when searching for these parts. I need to purchase the pan bracket and cable.

Thank you in advance and any help would be appreciated.

Lee

Attachments

• Hurst Shifter Plate 1.jpg
    Hurst Shifter Plate 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 941
  • Hurst Shifter Plate 2.jpg
    Hurst Shifter Plate 2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,984
Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Both gets you where you need to be. The C&C numbers could very well be in-house numbers with conversion parts or a Hurst number, depending on who supplied what.

These are GM numbers-
(GM catalog part numbers that is likely your best bet to find what you're looking for)
22521603 (you forgot the 3) is the shifter cable bracket on the trans pan. This is repro'ed too, but you may need to buy the entire mount kit, I don't know. Or if someone has an extra one.
Ah, here- $23.00 (best price I've seen on repros)

357746 is the transmission cable. There are repros of this cable being made now, such as ATP's Y-403. No idea of quality/fitment. If you can find an NOS one, you're far ahead, even if you have to pay a bit more for one. Ok, a good amount more. :)
GM actually has a replacement part they CLAIM works, but not sure if that's actually the case. Rockauto.com. even shows both part numbers for ATP Y-403 cable. Never tried it personally, but it's p/n 3958079. It's for 68-76 Corvettes. Still available from GM, btw. $96.97 full retail price from GM.

I posted a thread about this cable a while back- may want to go read it.

The floor plate and console metal mounting brackets were C&C conversion parts and were not serviced by GM parts service division.
22521235 is for the push buttons
22521236 is for the knobs (I have some NOS ones if you need 'em)
22520889 was for the shifter itself
22520892 is the top cover plate or bezel
22520890 is the rubber dust shield mid piece (sandwiched between aluminum bottom plate/brush holder and top plate)
22520891 is the aluminum bottom plate/brush holder.
22521771 is for the brushes
22520898 is for the screws

Reactions: 1 users

Nascar-TA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2016
Macomb Michigan
Thank you for the reply. Are any of the other parts being repoped? like the brushes and the Hurst parts or are they all dealer parts?
I also heard that there are some companies that are making improved parts for the Hurst Lightning Rods like Teflon actuator cables and other items. If there are improvements that can be made to these shifter systems I am interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor