Hurst olds rear spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket350olds

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2020
Does anyone have a 83-84 hurst old that could get me mounting location measurements of the rear spoiler i am installing one on my 86 cutlass supreme and i want it in the right location

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

Mark the holes with tape or magic marker or something and sit the spoiler studs on top of the holes before drilling. Check to see if this is EXACTLY where you want the spoiler. Adjust the marks as necessary to be able to drill the proper holes.

Drill the stud holes from the top with a long bit to go straight down through both trunk lid skin layers. Do not rush. The rear holes through the bottom skin will be in a very odd location so go slow. Open trunk and using the newly drilled holes from underneath as a pilot, use a 1" metal hole saw blade and remove JUST THE INNER skin of the trunk lid so it looks like what's in the pics. This allows access to the nuts to tighten the spoiler mounting. Ensure you use a good seam sealer around the studs. I used plumbers putty. Hasn't leaked yet. You'll need to find 1" rubber body hole plugs.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor