HVAC Blower Wire Harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndbuilder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2019
I am working on getting the blower working and need help identifying where this plug is supposed to go.

I know the thick red wire is the blower motor High Speed and it all works when jumped directly to the battery.
I imagine the green wires are suppose to go the the AC compressor which is not in the car.

This car has been LS swapped so I'm just making sure I dont start cutting uneccesarily.

Is this suppose to plug into the AC compressor?

Is there a solenoid that I am missing? Do people just cut off this head and wire it directly?

Being in Florida getting the AC going is my first priority.

Attachments

• 20190504_214312.jpg
    20190504_214312.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,061

Johndbuilder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2019
Don't you mean "LS Hacked"? Yes, there is (should be) a mating plug for that from the firewall bulkhead connector.

Hacked, jacked, facked. All the same.

Thanks, will look for it. I'm assuming it's on the engine side correct? Near the driver's side maybe?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yes,the bulkhead connector is under the wiper motor. I wouldn't be surprised if it's cut off.
The 10ga red usually melts the connector, anyway. It was originally connected to the starter, possibly tapped off the fusible link lead. You can just extend it to the battery, alternator, or starter.

maliburacing.com has good diagrams

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Mating connector is usually near the back of the pass side cylinder head, and as stated, red wire comes from the fusible link attached to the starter/batt cable. It originates from a splice in the harness that runs across the back of the engine above the trans bell. Dark green does to compressor (power), black goes to compressor (ground), light green goes to clutch cycling switch (completes circuit to compressor power) near the blower relay. Those 4 wires make a harness about 2 feet long that is routed to the left front of the engine in the OE SBC layout

Johndbuilder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2019
Yes,the bulkhead connector is under the wiper motor. I wouldn't be surprised if it's cut off.
The 10ga red usually melts the connector, anyway. It was originally connected to the starter, possibly tapped off the fusible link lead. You can just extend it to the battery, alternator, or starter.

maliburacing.com has good diagrams

Pretty sure you mean this one. Looks intact and uncut. This father and son combo did a nice job so far from everything I have seen.
Like I said, they made it look as if it belongs there with the exception of the coil packs.

I get tripped up on these details cause air like things to be as they should when they can be. I get the irony in saying that cause this has a swapped motor.

Attachments

• 20190505_115006.jpg
    20190505_115006.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 234

Johndbuilder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 5, 2019
Mating connector is usually near the back of the pass side cylinder head, and as stated, red wire comes from the fusible link attached to the starter/batt cable. It originates from a splice in the harness that runs across the back of the engine above the trans bell. Dark green does to compressor (power), black goes to compressor (ground), light green goes to clutch cycling switch (completes circuit to compressor power) near the blower relay. Those 4 wires make a harness about 2 feet long that is routed to the left front of the engine in the OE SBC layout

Gotcha, yeah the lead on this plug is way too short to cross over to the drivers side.

If there is another plug I have not found it... yet.

So worst case at this point is plug the red wire to the battery and the green wires directly to the compressor when I get that installed. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor