Hvac delete panel questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Tony, there is actually a foam gasket available from Mike's Montes that goes behind the delete plate. I actually have two delete plates, because ya know, redundancy lol! I have an inner plate that is welded on, then has RTV along the seams. All of my electronics are mounted to it. Then I have the gasket with a small amount of RTV with the outer delete plate screwed to the firewall.
Appreciate the information... from everyone
I don't want to take up any space behind the delete plate because I have no idea how much room I'm going to need for Vintage air unit. In your situation I can see that would be perfect for mounting electronics.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Appreciate the information... from everyone
I don't want to take up any space behind the delete plate because I have no idea how much room I'm going to need for Vintage air unit. In your situation I can see that would be perfect for mounting electronics.

Don't mount the electronics to the delete panel via screw/nut & bolt. It is a better plan to weld mounting tabs onto the inside of it if that's your plan. I mounted a panel inside of it on the factory brackets that were for heating ducts - worked pretty well, but I have no form of HVAC other windows down.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Don't mount the electronics to the delete panel via screw/nut & bolt. It is a better plan to weld mounting tabs onto the inside of it if that's your plan. I mounted a panel inside of it on the factory brackets that were for heating ducts - worked pretty well, but I have no form of HVAC other windows down.
The studs on my panel are welded also for peace of mind. The inside I use either knurled thumb nuts or locknuts.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor