HELP ⚠️🌡️HVAC Problems HELP 🆘 PLZ‼️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Don't forget about that damn mechanical blend door lever way up inside the dash. That was broken on my Cutlass and the air wouldn't go where it was supposed to until I fixed that. Went thru all the rigamarole vac testing the diaphragms and swearing a lot until I found it. Then swore a bunch more trying to replace it, but it works great now. 🥶

Reactions: 1 users

602gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2020
Phoenix
You’re throwing a lot of new parts at it. Did you check your fusible link to make sure you have power for high fan? There are two fusible links down by your starter that provide power for the entire electrical system. When one of them blows it cuts power to the high fan circuit. This is a common problem on G body cars.
Yeah lots of new parts I wanna replace all HVAC components I plan on keeping the car and I live in phoenix az aka hell so looking at it as an investment... I asked about wiring going to the starter in my first post because I seen it in a video someone mentioned it... So there's 2 fusible links by the starter thank you sir gonna check those out today 👍

Reactions: 1 user

602gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2020
Phoenix
Don't forget about that damn mechanical blend door lever way up inside the dash. That was broken on my Cutlass and the air wouldn't go where it was supposed to until I fixed that. Went thru all the rigamarole vac testing the diaphragms and swearing a lot until I found it. Then swore a bunch more trying to replace it, but it works great now. 🥶
I have a feeling I know what your talking about and mine is broken off as well I'm gonna start there first then do vaccum tests thank you

602gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2020
Phoenix
I should be having this fan on high speed by the end of the day with everyone's help thank you guys I really appreciate it 🙏

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
You’re throwing a lot of new parts at it. Did you check your fusible link to make sure you have power for high fan? There are two fusible links down by your starter that provide power for the entire electrical system. When one of them blows it cuts power to the high fan circuit. This is a common problem on G body cars.
And don't forget the main power lead coming off the main harness under the hood cause the conector between that & the HVAC harness can be corroded or burnt. There isn't anything to prevent corrosion or a fuse on that wire.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Mar 21, 2021
Had same problem and what I found was a brown wire from fan speed switch has a plug together connector about 6 to 8in. From switch. Looked ok at first glance but when I looked at the backside of the plug it had gotten hot and melted. Snipped it off and replaced connector and has been working ever since

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor