HydraMat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
We all know the hang-up us wagon guys have with having this odd ball fuel tank and long sender. I have been making plans to upgrade my fuel system with a walbro pump on a 1990 Astro van fuel sender. Now, instead of designing a tank baffle or using a surge tank, I think I'm going to TRY the Holley HydraMat. The stuff is a little pricey but hey if it works it will be well spent.
Anyone use the hydramat ? or know anyone that has used the hydramat? I plan to secure it to the tank floor with their rare earth magnets( which should be thrown in as a mounting kit for free, yeah right...)
I dont like the inline external pumps( too LOUD ) Which is why I'm sticking with an intank pump. And I dont have money to waste either. I hate to think how much this whole fuel system is going to cost with the lines and fittings all added up.
I'm just venting whats on my mind. What do you think?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Ive heard good things about the hydramat, especially if you autocross* your car and are concerned about fuel sloshing. A lot of the dudes at the Heartland nationals good guys show in July had them in their cars when I asked. They said they worked well. Good luck!

*spirited driving included

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Not at all into Autocross. Drag racing? Thats a different question. But if it works for one , it should work for both....Right?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yep. All it really does is soak up every last drop of fuel. Works in whatever application you can think of as long as the car is right side up. Off road, drag racing, etc. At that same goodguys they had a demonstration (also on a Roadkill video I saw) that sucked a basin of water dry in about a minute and a half.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I don't have any personal experience with these but all of the reviews I've read and videos I've seen of it say it works amazingly well. I would think that it should solve your fuel pickup problems.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we used sponges in our circle track cars but this holley matt beats what we used....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor