Hydraulic Clutch Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I am in the process of swapping a manual into my '83 El Camino. I have the transmission, but am not sure how to proceed on converting over to a hydraulically actuated clutch pedal. There seem to be so many different ways to go about this that I am not sure how to approach it. I don't have the option to the option of using a mechanical clutch setup due to no provisions on the transmission.

I would prefer to stick with GM parts if possible but any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
More info would help. What engine and transmission are you using?

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I have a 1 piece rear main seal 350 and an NV 3500 out of an '02 S10.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
i would use the clutch pedal and hydraulic setup from sickspeedmonte.com

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
That's exactly what I need, thanks!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I used a speedway hydraulic throw out bearing and a f body master and reservoir with a an4 to f-body fitting I found on eBay Malibu repop petals made my own backstop and welded a bracket to the petal for the long f-body rod all because I have a bbo with hooker headers

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I used a speedway hydraulic throw out bearing and a f body master and reservoir with a an4 to f-body fitting I found on eBay Malibu repop petals made my own backstop and welded a bracket to the petal for the long f-body rod all because I have a bbo with hooker headers

I drilled a 3/8" hole in the firewall used an appliance foot with two nuts with washers under the nuts to lock it in place as the stop for the clutch pedal...'

13231-m.jpg

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
How is your pedal feel with that setup?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
How is your pedal feel with that setup?
I need to brace the firewall and I don't like that it doesn't feal like a old school mechanical clutch the car is not finished yet so I don't know about reliability or longevity it's all just trial and error now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor