Hydroboost pedal rod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I picked up a hydroboost unit out of an Astro van last week, I’ve looked through nearly every thread I can find on the subject but I can’t find an answer on wether or not I have to shorten or lengthen the rod that attaches to the brake pedal.
Is it necessary to modify the rod off the booster if you modify your brake pedal too?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what about measuring the length of the rod on the hydroboost and a stock brake booster to see if they are the same..... :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Fair enough. I’ll pull my stock booster out of the attic tomorrow.

there is a few guys in here who have done the conversion and I don't think any of them talked about any issues with the rod.....

Reactions: 1 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
there is a few guys in here who have done the conversion and I don't think any of them talked about any issues with the rod.....
I haven't found anyone mentioning anything, but I just wanted to make sure.
Heck, I didn’t notice the mounting flange comes off of the hydroboost until an hour ago 🙃

Reactions: 3 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I would be interested in hearing what you find, as I’ll be installing my hydro boost soon.

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Did this thread glitch out? I can’t scroll through pages anymore

you need to put more money in the meter.... :popcorn:

2299422762_db0562c57d_b.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor