I also like jeeps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Well after a few months of mishaps after rebuilding the 4.7 in my new to me 2000 Grand Cherokee I FINALLY got it running last Sunday!! woo hoo!! I actually bought my first XJ Jeep AFTER i sold my 79 GP and had been hooked with them & G body's. Either way i posted pics of me offroading in the mountains a few months ago in my 97 Cherokee and had lots of fun But that rig has 228k miles and was starting to get old SO i started to get serious on my 00 WJ again..Well after rebuilding the 4.7 i had a timing chain snap ruining the head and cam, so redid the engine work not noticing that i set the timing one tooth off... After hooking up my Solus and getting random coil codes and not figuring out The problem i decided to start all over and double check the timing marks...I was off a tooth!! :twisted: So i reset the chains put everything back together and it fired right up!!
So far i have:
$500 invested in buying the WJ
$1500 in rebuilding the engine with H.O. cams
$100 K&N intake
$250 in a ECU "THAT I DIDN'T NEED'....
$80 Various sensors " ALSO DIDN'T NEED"...
$280 To register and tag it
so for under 3k I have a decent "new" ride to me.. Again it's a 2000 Jeep GC Limited with the quadradrive 4wd system, leather, heated seats, sunroof, power everything, new tires, Infinity, sound system, dual climate control etc etc.. Plans for it next is hopefully a 4in Rough country lift kit on 255/70/r17 tires on JK Moab wheels which i already have, 2008 4.7 Intake manifold with the Airram throttle body adaptor and ported throttle body along with some computer tuning, 3in exhuast from the y pipe back from Kolak. Tint the windows and add a sound system that includes a 2k watt soundstream tarantula amp and 2 12in kicker CVX 12's also which i have already. If and when $$ allows i am shooting for offroad bumpers front and rear with lights and a winch... OK i'm starting to envision it and starting to ramble.. Here are some pics of it after i started it and next to my "old" XJ AKA Kermit... Anybody else building one?
20120128_165559.jpg

20120128_165709.jpg

20120128_165731.jpg

20120128_165718.jpg

Oh and my old 2000 Jeep GC Laredo with 2in budget boost lift and bigger tires pretty much had the same options as my "new" WJ and it kicked *ss..
MYDC0820.jpg

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Nice! That's the great thing about jeeps, buy em cheap, throw a little cash at them and you have a reliable, capable rig. Never built a WJ, but I do run a WJ trackbar on my XJ, lol. Eventually I would like to run the wj knuckles, steering, and brakes too.

PUN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2012
Good looking Jeeps...for the money you can't beat the comfort and offroad capabilities..here's my GC I sold a few months ago:
od2.jpg

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
I had a Grand Cherokee for a while, apart from its greed for fuel I liked it.

I sold it to a buddy who worked on a farming estate, he found it very capable off roader (once he fitted suitable tires), matching British Land Rovers for ability.

Roger.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Oldsmoletick said:
Nice! That's the great thing about jeeps, buy em cheap, throw a little cash at them and you have a reliable, capable rig. Never built a WJ, but I do run a WJ trackbar on my XJ, lol. Eventually I would like to run the wj knuckles, steering, and brakes too.

I was thinking of doing the same to my XJ but it's starting to just rack up the miles and has alot of damage here and there... wasn't worth it IMO just gonna run the crap outta it they way it is..

PUN said:
Good looking Jeeps...for the money you can't beat the comfort and offroad capabilities..here's my GC I sold a few months ago:
<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" href="http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af45/graphicwarfare/od2.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af45/graphicwarfare/od2.jpg[/img</a>][/quote]

THAT'S SWEEEET!! What lift kit did you use? more details on it please :mrgreen: Thats close to the way i want to end up with mine minus the blacked out rims i'm going with the silver Moabs, though i wished i could score a set of the Call Of Duty Rubicon wheels...They are $$

[quote="rustyroger"]I had a Grand Cherokee for a while, apart from its greed for fuel I liked it.

I sold it to a buddy who worked on a farming estate, he found it very capable off roader (once he fitted suitable <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" href="http://motors.shop.ebay.com/eBay-Motors-/6000/i.html?_nkw=tires&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_rdc=1" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">tires</a>), matching British Land Rovers for ability.

Roger.[/quote]

The best i got out of the maroon one was 17MPG wich wasn't too bad i get 18MPG in the 4.0L XJ. The 4.7 sure gets thirsty when you romp on it....They like to rev pretty high as well. some decent tires make it go a long way especially if lifted properly. I like the quadradrive on mine now seeing as it has varilok diffs front and rear so far its working great!! Only thing i don't like it's fulltime awd with no way of switching to 2wd when driving in the city. I know some do have the select trac systems which to have that function..might have to swap it out 8)

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
back when my dad had a 97 cherokee country, yeah i never figured out what that ment ether, i was driving to some camping grounds and the lil computer said i was getting 22.1 mpg with the 4.0. i also remember going to the city(chicago) from the burbs and sharing a 6 pack in the jeep becasue there was 8 inches of snow and the traffic on the highway was going 2 mph. so we see this bigg *ss dodge pickup go on the sholder, so we follow and then in like 2 minutes we had a convoy going 25 mph passing everyone. ****ing awesome! :twisted:

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
My green XJ is a sport model which yeah i'm with you not much to it as in regards of it being sporty... :lol: BUT that little tank didn't need to get pulled out once when we went offroading in the snow last year. My buddy had a land cruiser that kept getting stuck. We also had a decent snow storm last week or so and it never gave me any issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor