I am insane to not take less than $1000 for my 88 Cutlass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Since my daughter fried the 2004R in my 70, I considered selling my 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic Brougham. My car is far from perfect so I started at $1500. I decided not to go below $1000. I got called Midas because I wouldn't take 800 since it didn't have original paint or include the factory rally rims. I guess $500 of tires with other new parts aren't enough, good grief.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
$1,000 Canadian or US? We need to know the kind of cheapskates you are dealing with.

Reactions: 1 user

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
I've seen people paying $1500 for just a solid roller frame ! Scrappers are paying $350 here in Niagara if you drag it in. Never try to figure people out you'll only hurt your brain.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My Regal is wearing it's original paint, has all the trim, not a speck of rust anywhere on the car, and it's been an Iowa car all it's life! I tried to sell it for 1500 like you did a while back, and the highest offer I got was 800. I mean c'mon. You wouldn't be able to find another car like this if you tried. It even still had the original radio in it, spare, and jack! Some people man. Always trying to get something for nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I know that it woukd be nice to have the money from the sale of the '88 to rebuild your 200-4R but its such a hassle trying to sell something these days. Ive gifted a few cars in the past to people in my family to avoid having to deal with selling. You should hold your ground and not take less than you originally planned. Good luck.

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Funny thing is those low ballers are the same guys who will jack the price higher than what you were asking with out doing anything to the car.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Funny thing is those low ballers are the same guys who will jack the price higher than what you were asking with out doing anything to the car.
Same type to gut a GN of it's soul, stab in a sbc and still try to get 15-20,000 for it. Nope. Or people that insist because they painted their 83 regal black it's worth as much as a gn. Or Mopar people. The cars are great, the people piss me off.

• Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I could tell this guy was wanted it for nothing. Then said he found a 04 Tiburon for $850, told him it was more his style. Then he showed me his last car he sold and only could get $1000 for. I told him good luck on finding another one for that. I got the last word, feels good. Either way if cash doesn't come to my door by Sunday evening, it is no longer sale. I plan on putting a used 2004R in it with the cruise hooked up and cruise everywhere with it. It should get 25+ mpg with OD.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
It,s worth what you can get for it. Depends on how bad you want to sell it and waiting for the right person. I haven't had much luck selling excellent cars. Surprisingly my trailer sold instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor