I am looking for some honest opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Where else did you advertise it. For the asking price I don't understand why it hasn't be picked up by now.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Thank you for your opinions.
Brent

At $1200 the starting price isn't bad but the rust would be a big issue for me. Front fenders on G body Cutlass' don't usually rust there which raises huge concern....very unusual especially for a car that was never driven in the winter. If there is rust there what else is fubared? Perhaps you could show all rust area and more pics of floor the floor pan, seams, chassis and other problem areas. The other detractor for me is the green interior. The buckets, console and the rallye pac are nice but that green is not necessarily a popular color.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
At $1200 the starting price isn't bad but the rust would be a big issue for me. Front fenders on G body Cutlass' don't usually rust there which raises huge concern....very unusual especially for a car that was never driven in the winter. If there is rust there what else is fubared? Perhaps you could show all rust area and more pics of floor the floor pan, seams, chassis and other problem areas. The other detractor for me is the green interior. The buckets, console and the rallye pac are nice but that green is not necessarily a popular color.
I like the green it's different

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
One thing I always did when selling was take pictures outside instead of in the garage, running or not. I polished it, cleaned it up really good. Again, that was just my preference and to many it might not make a difference. Plus it depends if you are selling it as a project or fix to drive.

It is definetly a psycological thing because a dirty car might be in perfect condition, but it just does something to your brain when you see a shiny car vs. a dirty one. I always felt my car ran better after I waxed it? Sounds crazy?

When a stranger comes, and even if it has some rust, mechanical issues, that car out in the sun all polished, clean windows, shiny tires and rims, it just sets off something in the brain that gives the car a positive vibe.

Again this is just my 2 cents for what it is worth. I really like your car and hopefully you will get what you want when you try to sell it.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I am afraid I will buy it so I pretend it doesn't exist. Don't know why you have not sold it. It would make an awesome daily driver.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor