I apologize about asking if anyone would rent a G-body. No offense intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I figured it was worth a shot. Wedding in Newnan, GA 3/24-3/26. I would rather rent and drive a cool old car than a new one.

Reactions: 2 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
No G-body guys in or around Atlanta or is it just me???!?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
No G-body guys in or around Atlanta or is it just me???!?
I'm no longer local to Atlanta, but, I wouldn't rent any of my cars to anyone personally. Nothing against you, but, there's liability reasons, there 'how will someone treat it' reasons, and, then there's the theft risks. Heck, not even my wife is allowed to drive most of the cars....

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Seen some old cars on Turo.com and it seems like an air b&b for cars.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Rent-A-G.

Doesn't even roll off the tongue very easily. I was just in Newnan back in November. Was there about 5 years prior to that and man, how traffic has grown there.

I'd rent you my 87 442 for with a $47,000 non-refundable damage waiver deposit. :)

Seriously, it's one thing when Hertz was renting G-bodies when there were a gazillion of them running around. Today, if they're decent, people want to keep them that way. "Beat on it like a rental car" always comes to mind when I see requests to rent someone's car. There's many, many reasons people won't, and just a handful of reasons they would.

Reactions: 3 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
:rofl: Rent A G-body WOW.... My girl isn't even allowed to look at my car for more than a second. I cant imagine anyone on here renting one out to anyone with the amount of work we put in them as you can read on this site.

Reactions: 1 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK

This is the reason why I asked. I didn't want to torture a car. Just thought if I were going to spend money to rent a car, I don't need bluetooth and AVL/GPS and heated seats, would rather spend my money with some like interests, to support this hobby and lifestyle

Everything else, new, is $60-100 a day. Why not spend that within this community?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I totally get the desire and the wishful thinking. And it would be nice to be able to rent a G-body. But how many reliable, hop in and go and EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SHOULD G-bodies do you think are even out there? A very small number. And their value today is much different than it was even 4 or 5 years ago. Nobody cares about a kia jellybean. $100 per day won't get you near a clean, tight G-body.

So now you have $200-$300 invested in my G-body over a weekend after I invested THOUSANDS just obtaining it and maintaining it. Who's going to have the most to lose? Who's taking all the risks? It's akin to that movie "Sandlot" where the kids playing baseball got the dad's prize Babe Ruth signature ball and lost it over the fence where the monster dog slobbered and gnawed on it. The dad wouldn't let his kid borrow that ball under any circumstance, let alone play an actual baseball game with it.

So if you had say, a low-mile G-body in pristine condition, would you rent it to someone you don't even know? That was rhetorical, we all know the answer to that question.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH

This is the reason why I asked. I didn't want to torture a car. Just thought if I were going to spend money to rent a car, I don't need bluetooth and AVL/GPS and heated seats, would rather spend my money with some like interests, to support this hobby and lifestyle

Everything else, new, is $60-100 a day. Why not spend that within this community?
See if there is a classic car rental place in the area? I know Fla. has some and no idea what the fee is like.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I want to apologize to the G-body community for daring to ask about renting one. I would never have imagined the negative response.

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor