I ask for every forum members help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hello all,

As you all well know by this time me and Brian Weaver from Gbodyparts.com have spent a considerable amount of time, efforts, and money reproducing a quality repro item for all of us, me and Brian included. As I am doing this for two reasons...as a passion and a career I love, I want to come to each of you and ask for your support. There is competition in the market place which I have tried to work with on a consistent basis to combine efforts to produce and distribute a quality product. They will begin to copy me and Brian's ideas and hard work. These competitors refuse to work with us claiming that we are not in this for the long term. I wanted to insure everyone and I think by my proving the items that we have introduced already that the items are long term, equal to or better than original items. This is by far a long term commitment. The others are in it to gouge on price and skimp on quality. This is not my focus as the ORIGINAL persons responsible for making this product come true. I am an enthusiast, Brian is an enthusiast, we both own these cars and have numerous hours of experience and dedications to our passions. I cannot say the others do not share these same key points. I want each of you to understand this when making your purchases that we need your support to keep developing all the needed products that you have told us you need us to do. The competition is in this for the hot items at first to add to their bottom line and get their dollars from you. We are in it as an investment to put that money back into more products to keep this vehicle platform alive. Please keep us in consideration and look at what they will copy from us and our ideas and take this key point in making your purchasing consideration.

Thank you all for your help and I look forward to seeing you at shows with your Gbody in the future!!

Tobyp

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
thank you an brain for your efforts to make a good products and your efforts to make good after market parts. keep up the good work cant wait to see what you work on next.

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have personally met Toby (at his house). He is using my 86 Monte SS as one of his test cars. We installed the first set of front bumper cover turn signal lenses in my car. When we removed my signal lenses and compared them to his reproductions the only difference was that his were clearer (mine were original). The weight, the diminsions & the gauge of the lense was exactly the same. In all a very good quality part. I haven't met Brian except for over the phone. I have bought many new parts from him over the past few years & they were all as good or better than original parts. I can honestly vouch for both Toby & Brian, they are both very passionate for our G-Body's. I feel that we all should give them all the support that they need to make good quality parts for us.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Although I have not yet met Toby, I have met Brian from Gbody parts and I can assure you that he is all about Gbody's. His collection would simply amaze just about anybody on this forum. I know personally that he has a real passion for this line of cars, no question. I only wish I could have made the move to NC to work with him at his facility. I will also show my support for both of these gentlemen with my hard earned dollars if and when I need something, which I surely will. And, I also feel confident that this group of members on this forum will support the efforts of both Toby and Brian in helping all of us maintain and restore our rides. I want to also say thanks to both of you for the continued efforts you are showing us on a regular basis.

Bill

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I haven't met the guys but we should support them as forum member here bc people who try to price gouge w/ tacky parts are crooks, in most cases they actually are committing a crime by selling a substandard part that doesn't conform with federal standards and can even get a person in trouble at a strict DMV/BMV. People who sell substandard parts that could jeopardize people's lives should be prosecuted to the end of the line, but this is real life not a movie so it almost never works out that way. Keep your eyes peeled for crap parts such as described and tell your friends and family who own older cars which vendors/ people to avoid. Always remember it's better to go with NOS than crappy new flimsy from china/india/pakistan. I skimped on some headlights to a black 3 series I used to have which my brother drove often. One day he went the wrong way up a highway on-ramp in Gary Indiana because the street lights at that location were out. The insurance company totaled the car even though it was just fine. Such could be the fate of your G-body if you go out and do the same so beware.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
^ im so retarded bc I skipped the 'he crashed head on into a single parent who was distracted by their children and also had crappy replacement headlights' sentence that belonged in the last 3 lines :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've had quite a few email exchanges with Toby and Brian both very helpful. I've purchased items from the both of them with no regrets. I look forward to further dealings with them.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I look forward to becoming an acquaintance and doing business with you in the near future, after my relocation to NC.

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
I have purchased parts from both of them and have talked to both over the phone. I talked to Brain about 45 mintues one day as he was helping me with my car and we where just talking about our cars. I hope to be taking my car to Brain very soon to get some work done to it. :D I think both of them are good people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor