I can't be the only one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizack

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2009
Toronto, On, Canada
84GP455 said:
I get a lot of looks but hardly any compliments, i don't know what it is but if i see a nice old muscle car i will tell the guy "nice car man" or give him a thumbs up or something. But when it comes to my car i do get a lot of looks and glares but most of them are mean looks, or jealous stares, no one will give me a compliment, they just stare but don't say anything it's the weirdest thing! I think most people are jealous of it i don't even know why. The other day i was at a gas station waiting in line when i looked over at this guy in a decent shape 80's Chevy caprice and he was just staring at me or my car and when i looked over at him staring he just looked away, and again when we were pumping gas, he just stared over at me and gave me a dirty look! WTF!!@* why are people so jealous that they shoot me dirty looks and don't say a word?? You know that they like the car or else they wouldn't be staring at it!! just give a guy a compliment,, i do it all the time when i see a car i like!!!

Maybe he had one too but sold it lol

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Del ohio, screw alarms. I have multiple ways of making sure no one takes my car. An alarm can be cut in a few seconds. My car has some other intentional issues. Catch my drift?
If anyone really wants your car, they'll take a tow truck. The only way to stop that is with a .22 :wink:

I get a lot of compliments. People stare too, but I can tell usually it's because they like it. Had a few, 3 or 4, people ask if I was selling it when I first got it 2+ years ago. Since then, I have 3 friends who want one. 8)

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
DelOhio said:
All of these responces just makes it more obvious that these GBodys need alarms due to being an Icon in the publics eyes.

The previous owner of my Regal said it had been stolen and recovered three times. :shock:

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
marcar1993 said:
Del ohio, screw alarms.

Obviously I was speaking generally, and I don't know about you but I wouldn't bring a pee shooter .22 to a gunfight, they might think your throwing kiddy fireworks at'em. :banana:
I garage my car to try and keep the theives at bay.

What drives me nutz about people is why do they ask "How much?" when they don't have the money to buy it even if it was for sale in the first place.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Well we could take the giant leap to a 12 gauge. :D
That might get the point across, or leave nothing to beat the crap out of...

Anyway, I have no garage for my cutlass. It sits covered in my driveway. However it won't move unless I want it to. That is how you stop it from getting stolen.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
kornball426 said:
DRIVEN said:
:lol: It ain't just Ohio...

Nope... I get guys in MUCH nicer cars give me thumbs up, or waves driving along. I'm always like "are you kidding? I'm driving a faded out 86 regal and you think it's nice? That's so awesome!" especially when it's guys in like spotless first gen Camaro's and stuff. It seems Olds and Buick fans really like it though, there's a guy with a metallic gold 66 Buick Riviera that's SO bad *ss and I see him all the time driving around and since I got my Buick he's been giving me a thumbs up every time we drive past each other. And I drove up to a car show this weekend (didn't enter the show obviously :lol: ), and there was a couple early 70's Cutlasses whose owners said they liked my car and what am I planning on doing with it.

A lot of people like projects and seeing how it comes together more than looking at a perfectly restored car. Around where I live, if I see a nice lookin rebuilt car there's a 99% chance it wasn't the owner who did the work, or any of the work. I think people recognize that and like it better

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
custom442 said:
kornball426 said:
DRIVEN said:

Nope... I get guys in MUCH nicer cars give me thumbs up, or waves driving along. I'm always like "are you kidding? I'm driving a faded out 86 regal and you think it's nice? That's so awesome!" especially when it's guys in like spotless first gen Camaro's and stuff. It seems Olds and Buick fans really like it though, there's a guy with a metallic gold 66 Buick Riviera that's SO bad *ss and I see him all the time driving around and since I got my Buick he's been giving me a thumbs up every time we drive past each other. And I drove up to a car show this weekend (didn't enter the show obviously :lol: ), and there was a couple early 70's Cutlasses whose owners said they liked my car and what am I planning on doing with it.

***A lot of people like projects and seeing how it comes together more than looking at a perfectly restored car. Around where I live, if I see a nice lookin rebuilt car there's a 99% chance it wasn't the owner who did the work, or any of the work. I think people recognize that and like it better***

Good point, couldn't agree more

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
pontiacgp said:
custom442 said:
kornball426 said:
DRIVEN said:

A lot of people like projects and seeing how it comes together more than looking at a perfectly restored car. Around where I live, if I see a nice lookin rebuilt car there's a 99% chance it wasn't the owner who did the work, or any of the work. I think people recognize that and like it better

you think someone likes it better if the owner payed for a restoration?.. I like it better if was done by the guy or gal who owns it and who cares if it's perfect....I much rather see a car get used and abused than to leave it staying pretty...

...read it again, I was agreeing with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor