1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally got my G-Body

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BuickOldsPontiac, Oct 12, 2017.

1. BuickOldsPontiac

BuickOldsPontiac Greasemonkey

After wanting a G-Body for years, I finally got one. Here are some pictures (mostly from the day I went to look at it) of my 85 Cutlass Salon that I brought home yesterday. Its not perfect by any means, and I already have started to list various thing that need to be done, but the potential is there.

IMAG0010.jpg IMAG0008.jpg IMAG0011.jpg IMAG0009.jpg IMAG0015.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. SRD art

SRD art Master Mechanic

Nice!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joesregalproject

joesregalproject Royal Smart Person

Looks great!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Doug Chahoy

Doug Chahoy Master Mechanic

It was a Cutlass a lot like yours as to why they're one of my favorite vehicles,as is 2 door late 90s Tahoes like the one in the backround. Real nice car to start with. Good luck

5. Kennybill

Kennybill Apprentice

Okay, now gut it out and make a race car out of it.:eek: Just kidding. That's a good looking Cutlass. Clean G Bodies are getting hard to find. On the other hand, buyers are getting scarce also due to lack of cash, younger guys not being into older cars and the older guys already having them. What are your plans for the car? Good luck.

6. Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty Royal Smart Person

WOW!!!!! Nice score man! Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of red on a Cutlass, but yours looks sharp! It just changed my mind because that shade of red looks right at home. As others asked, what's the plan for it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fleming442

fleming442 G-Body Guru

Nice Cutloose!

Just don't stick a Chevy motor in it.;)

8. BuickOldsPontiac

BuickOldsPontiac Greasemonkey

Thanks, I will need the luck!

Plans for it, I am still figuring them out. Definitely not an all out race car,more a cruiser with some potential. There are several little things that need attention, I will try and work on them as time permits. The biggest think that needs to be tackled is the engine, it has a fairly bad knock. The sale did include an 87 vin 9 307, so that is a possibility even if just a near term one. Long term, maybe a 350 or 403 SBO. I wouldn't be opposed to a BB Olds either.

There are no plans to put a Chevy engine in it! But maybe a Buick 6 could be interesting.... :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. carnutjw

carnutjw Not-quite-so-new-guy

To coin a phrase from another website, you suck! Nice Cutlass, good color combo, Rally gauge pack?, sport steering wheel, buckets, console shifter? I have a friend who had a 77-78 Olds Delta 88 2 door with a 403 that ran very well, big bore(4.351"), lots of potential there!

10. thunderball

thunderball Greasemonkey

I considered buying a ttop cutty in that color in the past few months. I really think they look good in that color.

• Agree Agree x 2