I got a good batch of luck today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

81camino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2006
Casey Ia
I stopped by a friends of mine shop this afternoon on my way from visiting my parents today. On the one endof the shop aanother friend had a 79 or 80 monte on his trailer getting it ready to haul in for scrap. I started looking it over and low andbehold, it had a the front supports from the front crossmember to the frame horns. I grabbed a light started looking around ithad the rear sway bar and the heavier front sway bay. Quick look inside it had pulse wiper and the round idiot light cluster. I asked him what he would want for the stuff. Looked back at me said unbolt it is yours. I havent moved that quick in awhile.
To make it even better he proceeds to tell me as I am unbolting this stuff he bought 4 monte carlos from a guy all for iron. He is gonna let me know when he loads them all one at a time and turn me lose. What luck for just stopping by and seeing whats up.
Sorry for such a long message but I had to get this out.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Thats a GREAT story!! How far is Casey IA from the MN border??

81camino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2006
Casey Ia
Casey

I am 35 miles east of Des Moines on I 80. Roughly what 3-4 hours drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor