I have my grand mothers 1984 Monte with cloth landau 305 ac and wire wheels approx 54000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Well. the thing you guys dont realize, is unmolested cars are going to be the future, my original thought 20 years ago was a ss rear a 425 hp warranty jegs motor etc. etc. all these cars were done like that cause thats how we did em back in the day. Try and find an original car anymore.

Sounds like your looking for some big bucks and if you would post your expectations you will get rid of a lot of members like me. It's not an SS, you sound like you want to sell it as is, not running -driving. The last car I bought was a Monte barn find stored for 21 years. You don't really want to know what I bought it for but had to put a lot of money in it, brake system, fuel system, headliner, tires and the list goes on. Long story short is it wasn't an easy sell and only got $3000.00 for it, drive it anywhere. I've also had a 21,000 mi Regal, 52,000 mi GP LJ, the most I got was $3,600.00. I'm going to suggest you get it running driving if you want to get any kind of good money. One good thing is it does have a V-8. Since it was your Grandmothers you just might want to keep it. What ever you do - good luck.

2016-08-14 00.57.39.jpg

IMG_4951.JPG
IMG_4947.JPG

• Optimistic
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
When I was looking for my Grand Prix, I almost ended up with several monte's and cutlasses.... way easier to find. But, I was persistent.

They are out there, tho.. Ive seen lots of them for $3500-$4500.

As far as what yours might be worth? Depends.. at least it has a V8 in it. Better if its a 4 speed automatic than a 3 speed, but if its as you say, I would imagine $4000-$5000 range.

When I found my Grand Prix, it was a documented one owner with the window sticker, build sheet, maintenance records... 51k miles.. every option except T-Tops.

When I drove there, I had $5k in my pocket.
When I drove it home, I had $3k in my pocket.

But I got lucky... I was prepared to go to $5k, but no more than that.

-Gonz

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
How about a big girl with saggy little b**bs, body and face acne, extensive cellulite, British teeth, moustache, and baldness?

But guaranteed to have "low miles" on her! :rofl:
She may have low miles, but from that description she also has a stick shift.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

whtgtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2020
Alotta bitterness and skepticism in the responses. And possibly rightly so. i have seen alot of crap over the years that people have purveyed as nice,or even workable, especially with the rise of ebay. When i get a chance to get some pics i will catch back up with you fellas. Thanks for the input.

• Agree

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Alotta bitterness and skepticism in the responses. And possibly rightly so. i have seen alot of crap over the years that people have purveyed as nice,or even workable, especially with the rise of ebay. When i get a chance to get some pics i will catch back up with you fellas. Thanks for the input.

It’s a tough crowd here especially to newbies. Sounds like a potentially nice Monte, but hard to say based on a description. Well loaded/super low mile base models can do very well, but I think the amounts given so far are about the same as what I would say as well.

I know your saying about the original thing, many were modified back in the day and people still are taking originals and modiying them, often nicely and some hackjobs. Original cars will never go out of style and have appeal.

• Agree

whtgtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2020
Thank you PBG, Funny how the forums define a newbie, its based on posts. in 1988 My Vo Tech teacher designated me as outstanding senior of the year mostly based on my ability in engine machining and mixture controlled quadrajet rebuilds. i have made a living as a service manager in the powersports and european car market since then the GM stuff was 30 years ago hence the reason for my post. a;though i may have ability, i dont have the ambition readily available, especially if my son doesent share the vision.

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Thank you PBG, Funny how the forums define a newbie, its based on posts. in 1988 My Vo Tech teacher designated me as outstanding senior of the year mostly based on my ability in engine machining and mixture controlled quadrajet rebuilds. i have made a living as a service manager in the powersports and european car market since then the GM stuff was 30 years ago hence the reason for my post. a;though i may have ability, i dont have the ambition readily available, especially if my son doesent share the vision.

Being new to a forum or group is why I said newbie :). Welcome aboard.

Sounds like an interesting career and experiences, that Q-Jet knowledge is a rarity but in the world of LS swaps still useful/some demand. I wish I had it, bought a book by Doug Roe and it sits on my workbench with some spare Q-Jets, I sent my Q-Jet off to Cliff Ruggles in PA for a rebuild based on my cars specs, maybe time to have it freshened up again after I think 8 years now.

Bummer your kid isn’t interested but maybe he’ll pick up the hobby down the road, I didn’t get into cars that much until I was 18, most seem to start younger.

whtgtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2020
Also, someone please tell the lil bowtie guy the blue monte is absolutley beautiful. needs wire hubcaps and uniroyals instead of keystone crap wheels and china tires. i live near keystone where they sold all those garbage wheels

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019

I wanna see certifactions on your experience or its fake news.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor