I have my grand mothers 1984 Monte with cloth landau 305 ac and wire wheels approx 54000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

whtgtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2020
I was going to save it for a project for my son, but he doesent really seem to be interested. is anyone interested in a really clean non restored car?

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Crazy question - everyone will be interested the bigger question will be how much and where is it??

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

whtgtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2020
Northeast PA I havent inspected or run it since 2012 but it was stored in a heated garage since then. Head liner has dropped, but it it as close to a barn find as you will find on any forun. as far as price i cant find anything to compare it to so i dont know. want to be fair to myself and the other party.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Id start by takin pics of the rear frame rails, trunk, underbody , landau top, door bottoms and any rust. The top is gonna be a tough sell on here unless its immaculate but even then.....

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

whtgtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2020
Well. the thing you guys dont realize, is unmolested cars are going to be the future, my original thought 20 years ago was a ss rear a 425 hp warranty jegs motor etc. etc. all these cars were done like that cause thats how we did em back in the day. Try and find an original car anymore.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Well. the thing you guys dont realize, is unmolested cars are going to be the future, my original thought 20 years ago was a ss rear a 425 hp warranty jegs motor etc. etc. all these cars were done like that cause thats how we did em back in the day. Try and find an original car anymore.
The thing you don't realize is how many literal millions of these cars were built.

MILLIONS.

They were also very popular with the elderly, and MANY wound up in a garage or barn when someone passed away.

In your town is it rare? Maybe. If you looked online there's tons of them out there.

In the end you're offering a non-running car that needs a decent amount of work to get road ready - gas tank/lines need flushing, engine/trans seals/gaskets may need replacement, rubber lines/bushings/parts likely need attention... plus who knows what else.

Then, with the options you list, it's neither a performance/desirable style or model, but more likely what someone wants to buy to do exactly what you describe - upgrade engine/trans/rear and build a sleeper.

If you want the most money you need to get it drivable, then in my opinion you have a $3500 car. Fix the headliner, new tires, cosmetics and make it turn key with ZERO issues and you might see $5500 to the right online buyer, on a good day, if you wait for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Well. the thing you guys dont realize, is unmolested cars are going to be the future,

Try and find an original car anymore.

Yeah, we clearly have no idea about G-bodies around here. You better hold onto it and take it to Barrett Jackson where smarter people shop.

You know what you have.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

whtgtz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2020
Not trying to be a smart *ss. i am well aware of what it would take. just seeing if there is any interest in it or if i sit on it for a retirement project.

rustydustydoc

Apprentice
Nov 28, 2019
pics or its fake news

• Disagree
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Pictures are worth a thousand words. I know there are members from PA. But you haven't given a price range or pics. It could be a rusted hunk for all anyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor