I just got to praise the G Body wagon guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
There are several wagons on this forum that are getting built and several that others here already have built. I got to give you guys a two thumbs up. It is rare around here to see any G Bodies driving around but wagons are non existent. In the late 90's I stripped out a few. I recall one I bought from my father in law for $400. A 1983 or 84 Malibu wagon. 305 auto. Very nice car and it had 87,000 actual miles. The dash had zero cracks and ac was cold. Jack and spare were never used. I stripped it to build an 80 El Camino that had a V6. I used the entire front clip with the 4 headlights, the engine, trans, dash, etc. I wish I would have kept that wagon cause seeing some on here makes me want to build one. So rock on guys!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
There are several wagons on this forum that are getting built and several that others here already have built. I got to give you guys a two thumbs up. It is rare around here to see any G Bodies driving around but wagons are non existent. In the late 90's I stripped out a few. I recall one I bought from my father in law for $400. A 1983 or 84 Malibu wagon. 305 auto. Very nice car and it had 87,000 actual miles. The dash had zero cracks and ac was cold. Jack and spare were never used. I stripped it to build an 80 El Camino that had a V6. I used the entire front clip with the 4 headlights, the engine, trans, dash, etc. I wish I would have kept that wagon cause seeing some on here makes me want to build one. So rock on guys!

Wagons are getting more and more popular. Just not G bodies but classic cars in general. Wagons can be done right. Just takes a special eye to see potential and build it. Then everyone else jumps on the band wagon lol.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for your support and kind words. I could see you owning a wagon. With the level of workmanship that you've performed on your cars, I could picture you doing a very cool wagon;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I agree that wagons are great looking and rare....and the guys who own them are certainly "special"...:D

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am touched (mostly in the head)! There are definitely some good folks helping to sort out some of the unique issues associated with these oddball cars.

But, let's save the praise until this heap is up and running.

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My wagon is a working car. I'll take it over any modern SUV any day. What really makes them special is you can swap in any motor/drivetrain combination imaginable.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I love mine,I've had quite a few. I love seeing all the different ways guys are building them too.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Back when I was in school in the nineties. No would be caught dead in a wagon. Now I would love to have one. They are the perfect cruising machines and can haul a lot of stuff, and look cool. You wagon guys, keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor