I Just Wanted A Ballpark Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I see this add for a Cutlass in Ohio, it looks clean and I was just curious what the asking price was since it is listed for $1 and in the add it says no low ball offers so I contact the seller for the asking price and I get:
"Contact me for an opportunity to see the vehicle and then make an offer."
It needs a trans, radiator, paint work and apparently to be timed correctly (big red flag there) but "This is not a project car." :rofl: and a guessing game on what he wants for it, I'll pass.
https://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-cutlass/6512186544.html

00v0v_20HO6r1tv1x_600x450.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It's not a project car, it's a total redo to undo his fixes. I've never seen a strong runner with timing issues. But it has those Daytons & the fading away rally stripes. I'll put up the $50 that the local junk yard would pay for it.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I'd consider it as a roller, price wise. Doesn't seem to be well optioned. C'mon Chevy stripes on an Olds. The ugly wire wheels don't look to be in good shape. $800.00 MAX.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
another red flag: "exterior is decent-stripes are sun faded and need to be redone" (2 lines later) : "not a project- it has already been painted"

no, not shady at all....:blam:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My Regal is a project and the guy drove it to my house yet that one will need to be towed and it's not a project.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
It seems some sellers thrive on face to face negotiations.
The engine compartment is dirty but the master cylinder cover is clean - see, somebody cares.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The engine compartment is dirty but the master cylinder cover is clean - see, somebody cares.
They probably have a clean MC cover because they have to keep pulling it off to top off the fluid that keeps leaking from the brake lines.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Complete with a 'Like a Boss' side window sticker and a nest of loose wiring draped over engine.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Lazy entitled sellers that want top dollar for no effort. Seen too many gmg episodes .

Gotta love how the same ad says "no low ball" without a price and then also "no time wasters".

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I get really irritated when sellers don't list a price and then say "make offer, no lowballs, I know what I have" etc, etc.

When people post those ads I honestly hope that every tire kicking, low balling, scammer calls them to the point their phone won't stop ringing.

If I had more time on my hands, I would call them myself and ask as many stupid questions as I could come up with.

"Uhm, so this is pretty much a Camaro, right?"
"Would accept payment in the form of $12.37 in Arby's gift cards?"
"Can you bring it over to my house so my uncle who is a mechanic can check it out?"
"I have an old couch, a 32" tube television, and 3 bald tires from my mom's ex-boyfriend's Pontiac Sunfire, interested in trading?"

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor