i miss working on my fbody so i want to see yalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlass79

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2011
merrillan wis
i moved up here to wi almost a year ago now and wasint abul to bering my 83 ttop trans am so its stilling down in il waitin for me to get to where i can bering her up and get started again.my trans am is my baby the first car i had i found it sticking out of a lake just the about a foot er 2 of the rear end sticking out the water and just had to save her. so i tracked down the owner and gave $800 for the car it was WAY to much not running 350 in it FULL of water. but i just had to save her she was in the lake over a year the guy said and the only rust in the car is the drivers side floor pan.i gutted the car and started fixing the floor pan and started body work i got the body work down ready for paint and cut out the rust form the floor and thats about it.my plans for it is a drag/street car. i have a ford 9'' cut down to 31'' with wide tires and wheelie bars i have yet to start tubbing the car. i have 2 motors im thinking about witch one will go in a tall deck 427 and a 426 hemi out a 68 roadrunner im thinkin bout the hemi :lol:.but anyways i miss working on her and would love to see some of yalls fbody and the work u got in them so lets see um.

docrocket1967

Greasemonkey
Sep 19, 2010
Florida
My 69 and my 67- i dont have the 69 anymore
033.jpg

My 95 z28 and my buddies 94 mine is the closer one
z283.jpg

My 99 SS
4554b067.jpg

My 67 RS
cc61bd99.jpg

My 99SS and my old 98 z28
6ca41578.jpg

My 99 again
39a4bd5d.jpg

Im 23 now but ive owned all these since i was 18 i still have the 67 and 99 ss the rest i sold i couldnt find pics of my 86 or my 93 but i quite a few

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The only Fbody I ever owned was a '94 Trans Am I picked up to flip. Pretty much your standard red T/A with a ticking noise in the LT1. I was sure it was valvetrain related and tried everything to fix it. Ended up selling it for break-even price. I gave the buyer full disclosure and he drove it 4 hours to get it home. Noise never got worse. Got a call a few days later saying he went over everything I did thinking I missed something or screwed something up. He was convinced it was valvetrain too. Turns out it was a rod bearing. I've heard a lot of bad bottom ends and never has one sounded like that. It "ticked" in time with the cam not the crank and was loudest on the RF top corner and quiet under the car. I made nothing but learned alot. Can't find pics - not sure I even took any.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Bad rod bearings seem to be very common in lt1's. I forget the exact reason but it has something to do with factory bearing clearances and the 5w30 oil they tell ya to run.

l_14cef79777a441018c036621ff7db453.jpg

l_590dfc04c6fe410f9c426dbbc15fe088f.jpg

mycarcarcar.jpg

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
^^Look pretty much like mine except I didn't have T-tops.^^

oldiejams

Master Mechanic
Jan 21, 2011
Tucson
seems like every other person sees mustang as their "dream car", they must have never seen a camaro, especially a first gen.

great looking camaros you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor