I need a schooling on factory radios (big face)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So I'm looking for the big factory Delco radio for my 87 Monte SS project. I have a few in a box that was in my attic. I know one was from my 87 GN but it stopped working. It has a glossy face with a chrome outline and equalizer/cassette. I have another that I think came from a late 80s Cadillac that has a matte sheen face but says Symphony Sound also with equalizer/cassette. Then I have a regular cassette NO equalizer matte sheen face. I'm not sure what an 87 SS Monte would have. I looked online and the Cadillac one looks right except knobs and chrome buttons. I can remove the buttons from my fried GN one and put on the Cadillac one. I do not have the correct knobs for a Monte so I put up a want ad in the wanted section. I may be interested in a complete radio cause I need the side brackets too. Don't care if cassette works just want the FM to work. Anyone know the radio differences? There are lots of different stuff but looks like most would interchange.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
From what I remember of the 22K mile 87 Monte my buddy parted, the radio uses a pin in the center of the back to support the unit, rather than the side bracket used on earlier models.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor