I need an AC Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
Hi, I need the entire ac system for my 78 malibu coupe. It is a factory AC car, but has been sitting outside missing all the underhood items.
How much and where from?
Thanks

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Find a donor car would be the best bet. In you area should not be to hard

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hi, I need the entire ac system for my 78 malibu coupe. It is a factory AC car, but has been sitting outside missing all the underhood items.
How much and where from?
Thanks
I guess it depends what you mean by the underhood items?

Is the climate box on the firewall ripped out or damaged? Or did they just remove stuff from the dryer to the condenser?

If the black box on the firewall was removed, you're going to have to look behind the glovebox to see what else was damaged during the removal. Many guys removing the system have no intentions of returning it, ever, and break/cut things in the dash to make the removal quicker and easier - wiring, cables, ducting, etc.

So to know what you need you need to figure out the extent things are no good at the edge of what they took off.

Might need a donor car, might be able tonscrounge in a junkyard and online. All depends what you need and how what's left was removed...

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
The box is untouched, just a bit sun-baked.
It is missing the compresser and brackets, the lines and expansion valve, and the accumulator.
Plus the lines in the box and condenser have been left open forever. So it probably needs a condenser and evaporator as well.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Everything should be available new in aftermarket replacement except for probably the hardline..
But one issue currently is a lot of backorders on parts because of the shutdown.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Are the mounting brackets for the compressor there? If so lines , condenser and parts should pretty much be available

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor