I need help to buy my first g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first g body

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 5, 2022
Hy to everyone! I m from Germany , and I want to buy my first g body. My dreamcar is 85 monte carlo ss. But that is ... Anyway, this weekend I want to reserve a 84 buick regal limited. My problem is that the guy says that motor and everything is original( 5l (305) v8)) but on the internet I searched everywhere but I can't find v8 original only v6,so that is my problem. Existing v8 original from factory in 84? Oh the first registration date is March 84. Thanks for serious answers. Have a nice evening to all of you.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
We need the VIN and/or the RPO code list under the trunk lid.

Reactions: 1 users

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
A lot of the export cars had chevy motors. As stated above would need RPO numbers and or the VIN to verify what it was built with.

dmac35242

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2021
Birmingham, AL
Post up the vin and any pics you have.
We can help you understand what you're looking at.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Canadian market got 305s in Regals in 1984, so it is possible. As stated, VIN will tell the tale as to originality.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
As far as I'm aware, Germany is very strict on engine swaps yes?
Ask for the VIN, or the RPO code sticker on the underside of the rear trunk lid. For example, RPO code LD5 would be the naturally aspirated 2 barrel V6, LG4 would be the 305 chevrolet engine, LV2 would be the Oldsmobile brand 307.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Canadian sold Regals did have the Chevrolet 305/5.0L LG4 as an option. US sold was V6 only. Possible that Regal might be an export model that may even include the amber rear turn signals. One plus for European use it'll have the metric speedometer & gauges if it checks out as a non US sales Regal.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Ay-yuh, the German TUV is the ministry that has oversight with respect to vehicles and proposed modifications. Historically, they are so strict that they will not even allow an owner to upgrade the tires on his/her vehicle! Apparently the underlying logic?? is that if the factory put that part on the vehicle then the factory must believe it is the correct part for the vehicle and that it will function as intended, therefore upgrading or substitutions are not necessary and therefore not permitted....Und alles ist en ordnung.

Nick

• Wow

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Ay-yuh, the German TUV is the ministry that has oversight with respect to vehicles and proposed modifications. Historically, they are so strict that they will not even allow an owner to upgrade the tires on his/her vehicle! Apparently the underlying logic?? is that if the factory put that part on the vehicle then the factory must believe it is the correct part for the vehicle and that it will function as intended, therefore upgrading or substitutions are not necessary and therefore not permitted....Und alles ist en ordnung.

Nick
Wow, they nipped an entire industry in the bud right there. God bless America.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Think it's bad for owners over there who are into the late model gig? Try being a hot rodder or attempting to build a rat and see the grief you encounter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor