I need Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
It is close (Idaho) but you can't do much without a vehicle to haul it 😓 😓 . I do appreciate you thoughts, and help. To make things worse my budget as of now went to pot. Had to buy a new Washing machine, My parents couldn't afford one, but it was needed.

I am going to go as I planned. Going to get the car out of the shop, do the Body work, rust clean up and paint. Save big $$$, like 6K big which would put me at Feb or next March, Get a new 350 Crate Engine, Th350 Trans, mounts, Radiator, Shroud and other needed swap parts have then have it installed. If I am going this route I may as well go New. At least I got to drive her as she was for a short time, I was just getting the feel for her too.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Labor is probably the highest cost in any build if you’re not DIY-ing it. I don’t know where it is near you, but in California, it’s about $100-110/hour.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Save big $$$, like 6K big which would put me at Feb or next March, Get a new 350 Crate Engine, Th350 Trans, mounts, Radiator, Shroud and other needed swap parts have then have it installed. If I am going this route I may as well go New.
If you are going to spend the money on a crate engine you might as well save up more and get a "ready to run" engine that has already been broken in and all of the adjustments made and then spend the next 8+ months learning about doing the swap and buying any tools needed to do it.
I see no reason to pay a ridiculous amount of money for someone to do the swap, I learned to work on cars as a teen because I had no money and couldn't afford to pay someone, now I have money and I don't want anybody touching my cars but me.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Labor is probably the highest cost in any build if you’re not DIY-ing it. I don’t know where it is near you, but in California, it’s about $100-110/hour.

That's about right for the area in which I live as well, some charge alittle less but still about the right labor cost.

If you are going to spend the money on a crate engine you might as well save up more and get a "ready to run" engine that has already been broken in and all of the adjustments made and then spend the next 8+ months learning about doing the swap and buying any tools needed to do it.
I see no reason to pay a ridiculous amount of money for someone to do the swap, I learned to work on cars as a teen because I had no money and couldn't afford to pay someone, now I have money and I don't want anybody touching my cars but me.

People most likely forget. But I am not working on the car out of a Garage, I just don't have one; not living in a Trailer Court I don't. If I had things like a Car lift. and flat ground to use an Engine hoist I certainly would do that myself. There are things that I have done myself within the reason of tools, equipment and what very little skill I do have, Some things I have jumped into that I did learn from that experience. But by the time I get the money up we'll be well into Winter. So I am just going to pay this mechanic I do favor most to do the job.

Ready to run Engines? I've scoured the internet for them unless you mean used which in my mind doesn't sit, I am already going to be paying out the whazzu for the labor may as well just go new. Now if you mean there is another site that has pre-built engines ready to install for the same price or lower I would certainly go check it out.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Ready to run Engines? I've scoured the internet for them unless you mean used which in my mind doesn't sit,
This is just an example of a ready to run engine. many out there.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor