I need Spark...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Exec

n00b
Feb 17, 2007
Detroit, Mi.
I have a 84 Chevy Monte Carlo, it has a 2000 Vortec 5.7 350 engine in it w/Edelbrock carb and intake. I am looking to put an MSD ingnition and distribitor on it but I don't know what I am looking for can anyone give me any insite on this?

RedHotRegal said:
Theres nothing wrong with a GM dist. save your money and put good components into the stock dist.

I agree, I used a Mallory ignition in my last Chevelle and I ended up going back to the original dist. which I had bebuilt with new components. It is easier to tune and alot cheaper.

You need to look for something with Electronic Advance. You can use a stock HEI distributor and throw a MSD cap/rotor if all your going for is the look. Its a lot easier to set up a stock distributor than something aftermarket. Let me know, I have one lying around if your intrested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor