I offended a Grand National guy haha!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
So i was leaving my neighborhood yesterday as i saw a sweet *ss GN that obviously had a front mount intercooler i could see from a distance! Note, I've yet to see this car in my hood before. Noticing some guys sitting on a porch i pulled up and asked "who's pontiac is that, it looks nice?" Without skipping a beat this big dude said "not a pontiac, it's a buick" lol!!! I played dumb for a second acting in disbelief just to have a little fun with a fellow G owner.
Then i started tossing out some GN factoids and his mood quickly changed! Ended up shooting the stuff with him for 15-20 mins talking about g body's and his GN was nice....had alot of mods done, upgraded precision 67/76 air pusher with ball bearing impeller, fuel lines, fast pcm controller, etc.
Had a little fun with this, just thought I'd share lol! I do this from time to time just to catch car guys off guard and usually end up making new friends.
Any of you guys ever do this just to rile up someone?

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have never done it but I can tell you my Monte has been called a GN more times than it has been called a Monte, I guess black Gbody = GN is your average persons mind.
Maybe I need a custom license plate "NOTAGN"

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I have never done it but I can tell you my Monte has been called a GN more times than it has been called a Monte, I guess black Gbody = GN is your average persons mind.
Maybe I need a custom license plate "NOTAGN"
I so agree with that....with my cutlass being black before teardown i couldn't tell you how many times people thought it was a GN!!! Even better is the 1st show i was at after my stealth ram swap a father and his young son were looking at my motor...dad told his son "you see that supercharger son, that's powerful!" Lol!!! I didn't have it in my heart to crush his spirits because he was sharing car show time with his son!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm glad he didn't take his belt off and gave you a spanking for jokingly mistaking the GN lol.
I woulda ran lol!!!! I'm not little, somewhat built because of a physical job- 5'9"200lbs, but that guy had me by 8 or so inches a d close to 100lbs!!!! Super nice guy and laid back about his toy.
Especially after i popped the trunk of my mazda that has g body sill plates, window trim, some weatherstripping, etc lol.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
The nice thing about a 442 is that it's unmistakable. That's why I'm keeping my badges when I repaint. People always approach and ask is that a real 442.(nothing all to special but hey lol). Should have told him "is that a Regal converted to a GN?" It probably would have stung a little more. Nothing hurts more than having your car exposed as a fraud lol.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I used to refer to my former employer's GN as "that all black Monte Carlo"...he did not find it humorous.

No, that's not why he's my former employer.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I used to refer to my former employer's GN as "that all black Monte Carlo"...he did not find it humorous.

No, that's not why he's my former employer.
That's great!!!! Call me mean, i just thunk you gotta have a little fun from time to time! For a short time it makes that person think "what the hell, must not know their cars". Like i said, i have some good friends now from joking around about their car being something other than it is! Usually gets under their skin at first, but when you pull out the real knowledge it usually gains respect.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Mine was never called a Grand National but it's been called a Cutlass and a "Smokey & The Bandit car" by a little kid. I couldn't be mad, how many little kids know what Smokey & The Bandit is.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
One of my ex girlfriend's had a cousin that owned a Grand National.
I met him once and when I asked him about his car he started bragging about how fast it was and about the time a City Cop clocked him on radar doing 130 MPH.
He was going on and on about his Buick and after a few too many minutes of hearing how fast it was I pointed and said do you see that Monte Carlo sitting over there ??
Then I proceeded to tell him that when the Monte was going 130 MPH that was when I shifted it into high gear !!
He didn't like that and turned his back on us and walked away LOL
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor