I seriously need to stop browsing craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
I couldn't resist... 1982 Chevy G20 for $400, clean title, brand new radiator, new tires, very little rot. Guy wanted to get rid of it cause he bought a new van. He over heated it and it runs a little rough. Gonna do a leak down and compression test to figure it out. Everything else seems to be in good working order.
WBRzzu3.jpg
kRXP23X.jpg
B24Jz3i.jpg
yWTVypK.jpg

I REALLY need to stop browsing craigslist late at night, drunk....

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
lol!! yeah I've been guilty of the same! my pops and gramps used to love to buy the conversion specials! road trips galore!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I bet you can fit a lot of candy and puppies in there.

Reactions: 1 user

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
The van's name is now Yogi. I guess it started life as a fleet vehicle at Yellowstone National Park. I think it's fitting.

Reactions: 1 user

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Paint it like the A-Team van! :banana:

I feel ya about staying off craigslist...
Did you see the shitbox I brought home a couple weeks ago? lol

No I didn't. Do you have a link?

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Well, had the damn thing up on the lift all day yesterday. Replaced the vacuum modulator on the transmission, cleaned and inspected the governor. Then I noticed the rear brake lines looked horrible. Of course the damn fittings broke off... Replaced wheel cylinders, bent up some new brake lines. Take it for a test drive... front right caliper locks up. Back on the lift, replace both calipers... one of the slider pin threads on the left spindle strips out :blam:. Jury rig up a special slide pin with an aircraft lock nut on the end (temporarily, lol). I go to bleed the brakes.. no fluid coming from the right caliper. I deduce that the bracket holding the brake hose to the control arm is being pinched from rust-jacking... I cut the bracket off and voila! Finally got it out on the road and it seems to be driving pretty well. The transmission is a little finnicky, it doesn't want to downshift, and the idle is adjusted poorly, but I didn't feel like opening up a new can of worms. Maybe I'll adjust the carb later today.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
VANtastic! Reminds me of Spring Break 1986 - UConn to Ft. Lauderdale. Stopped at a Beverage Barn in Stamford that I knew did not card. There was a lot of vomiting for at least two states. At one point, we got tired of stopping and held the idiot out the window while he hurled the last of it. I paid $250 for my ride, and I held the money for the ride back. Good thing, too - my cash was all that was left to pay for gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor