I still can't believe it, just laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobM

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2016
Ozone Park Kid
I have an '87 buick regal 231 v6 and it was time for a carburetor, so I order one. Next morning get in the car and notice
glove box open, then notice the lock is up. I get out check the car, all the locks are fine no makes on window rubber.
So my fault for leaving the door unlock. I start the car and while I was driving the car was acting weird, more like it
was a drunk with bad hiccups. Out of the corner my eye, I notice the kick panel is off and then really look, the freakin
computer is gone. That totally told me right there, my answered to my question. So no computer now, I called the
carburetor place change the order to non computer carb. Get it, put on car runs find and sometimes not, then
realized I need to also swap out the computer distributor for a hei distributor w/ vacuum advance. So now waiting
0n that part.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
A rope for all thieves ! 💀🔨
I don’t think it is your fault for leaving car unlocked . Shouldn’t need locks

Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Now that's different, stealing a way out of date OBD 1 computer. Maybe it was needed to get their Commodore 64 back to the blistering speed of a early '80's home computer. Or they were really high on crack & thought it was a catalytic converter.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Now that's different, stealing a way out of date OBD 1 computer. Maybe it was needed to get their Commodore 64 back to the blistering speed of a early '80's home computer. Or they were really high on crack & thought it was a catalytic converter.

Mom's neighbor asked if my truck, which was running like crap the other day, still had cats. My first thought was crap! Truck's up high enough so a guy could snip them right out! Then he proceeds to mention them as a possible cause of my problem. I thought it was funny how my mind immediately went to them being stolen vs a problem.

Reactions: 1 users

RobM

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2016
Ozone Park Kid
I haven't swap the ccc distributor to vacuum advance distributor. Someone gave me a used proform hei vacuum advance even fire distributor to replace the even fire ccc distributor. The distributor didn't cost me a dime, but someone told me it wont work and I heard it will work.

What is your take on the proform distributor swap to replace the ccc distributor?

'87 231 V6 non computer carb (national carburetors) I just know I gave it a tune up and reset the timing. It's running pretty smooth, but sometimes she runs a little ruff and then gets normal.

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
People stealing electronics out of cars? Must have travelled back to the ‘00s 🤔

Fr tho, sorry that it happened to you.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Without the ECM there is no trans lockup. Would have been easier to just get a replacement ECM than to swap everything. There is a difference between V6 and V8 ECMs as well as between Buick, Chevy, and Olds as well as low and high performance versions.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
i have 84 chevy v6 computer yours for shipping cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor