I think I messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Got this for her 8 years ago. WAS rust free and CLEAN. All original but the repaint. She thought is was a grandpa car, had wires on it then. Put S10 wheels on and it got better. Drove it though High school and collage now married. I think see want to fix it up. Rust repair in rockers an paint. I'm not sure how much it is worth to fix up a plan Monte.
It's totally worth it if it holds enough sentimental value. Because no matter the G-body, it's not a money making investment. Once you get past that, let your memories guide you to the right place. Probably wouldn't take much to fix the body and give it a decent paint job.

Reactions: 1 user

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
It's totally worth it if it holds enough sentimental value. Because no matter the G-body, it's not a money making investment. Once you get past that, let your memories guide you to the right place. Probably wouldn't take much to fix the body and give it a decent paint job.

I agree 100%. My guess is ill have 20k and uncountable hours (mine was quite rusty lol) in my monte but it means alot to me. Ill never sell it so im not worried about the value. I kinda feel like if you go into restoring a g body to make money you'll be disappointed, but if your doin it for sentimental reasons you cant be disappointed.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor