I was tempted at the offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I just drove my Salon to my local gas station for fuel and a Monster Energy drink. There was a car hauling diesel rig there with some old cars on it. The guys were walking around my car when I came out of the store. First question he asked is if it's for sale. I said no. I also told him it is not a real 442. I have been asked if it's for sale at least 10 times since I started driving it. The guy said he buys and sells. I opened up the hood and trunk to show off and he offered $10,000. I said I don't really want to get rid of it right now. We talked for a bit and he said one final offer $12,000. He said he couldn't make much more on it after that so that would be it. I politely refused and said I've worked on this car for a few years and I did all the work and not selling it to someone to make more money on something I put all the time in on. Some may think that that's a good offer but you can't build this car in the good quality for $12,000. It's all brand new and the paint job alone would cost someone big money.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Did he look this? Lol

Attachments

• counting-cars-history-season-two-premiere.jpg
    counting-cars-history-season-two-premiere.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
People are such opportunistic asshats.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just drove my Salon to my local gas station for fuel and a Monster Energy drink. There was a car hauling diesel rig there with some old cars on it. The guys were walking around my car when I came out of the store. First question he asked is if it's for sale. I said no. I also told him it is not a real 442. I have been asked if it's for sale at least 10 times since I started driving it. The guy said he buys and sells. I opened up the hood and trunk to show off and he offered $10,000. I said I don't really want to get rid of it right now. We talked for a bit and he said one final offer $12,000. He said he couldn't make much more on it after that so that would be it. I politely refused and said I've worked on this car for a few years and I did all the work and not selling it to someone to make more money on something I put all the time in on. Some may think that that's a good offer but you can't build this car in the good quality for $12,000. It's all brand new and the paint job alone would cost someone big money.

your car is not replaceable, it's not like a more common Monte SS or even a GP so the $12,000 offer was lowballing you....:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
12k is about what some of these "gn owners" try and push there overated v6's for...that is still on your "must have" list yes?

• Agree
  • Dislike

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
People are so driven by the almighty buck, or the opportunity to make a profit on something.
You do all the work, they reap the benefits.
It's a unique ride...find another one like it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
12k is about what some of these "gn owners" try and push there overated v6's for...that is still on your "must have" list yes?
12k? Switch those digits around and you get a typical GN price. Not meaning to hijack, but how is a GN overrated? If anything theyre JUST starting to be re-recognized.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I look for GNs a few times a week on my local craigslist and the average here is $20,000ish. I'd love to have one again but that price is out of reach for me

if you say they average out at $20,000 must mean there a few if not more to chose from, how many 78 Olds Salon factory 4 speed did you see for sale and how many of them were transformed into a 442 in showroom condition?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor