I'd love to see some factory 4 speed Malibus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2017
ive posted in the want ads looking for a 4 speed Malibu,I've found several but nothing reallly suits me.i need to keep motivated so let me see what you guys have!

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Me again, of course I know of two & one may be for sale. But the guy doesn't like me, as I tend not to put frosting on facts. Anyway here is a couple of pictures of them from the time of the previous owner. He passed last year. The new owner of the Black one (that doesn't like me) has replaced the springs (now lower - near stock) & the replaced the 4" glass hood with the original. And the wine colored one was last seen in Delavan Wi. Take care, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• DP-bk_Malibu_098.JPG
    DP-bk_Malibu_098.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 359
  • DP-bk_Malibu_101.JPG
    DP-bk_Malibu_101.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 365
Reactions: 1 user

Cwc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2017
Me again, of course I know of two & one may be for sale. But the guy doesn't like me, as I tend not to put frosting on facts. Anyway here is a couple of pictures of them from the time of the previous owner. He passed last year. The new owner of the Black one (that doesn't like me) has replaced the springs (now lower - near stock) & the replaced the 4" glass hood with the original. And the wine colored one was last seen in Delavan Wi. Take care, Ole' Bob.
I'm a big fan of black/red interior,makes me a little weak in the knees,which one maybe for sale? Can you put me in touch?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Here's some shots of my '80.

Attachments

• DSCF1899.JPG
    DSCF1899.JPG
    800.4 KB · Views: 387
  • DSCF2031.JPG
    DSCF2031.JPG
    817.5 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF1895.JPG
    DSCF1895.JPG
    822.7 KB · Views: 343
  • DSCF2030.JPG
    DSCF2030.JPG
    819.1 KB · Views: 339
  • DSCF1910.JPG
    DSCF1910.JPG
    820.3 KB · Views: 345
Reactions: 1 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Good Morning Cwc & all; Anyway I did call the guy (that doesn't like me) with the black one thinking he might sell it & do both of ya a favor. He wouldn't take my call too busy, but his right hand man did talk with me & said it is not for sale. The wine colored one like I said is in Delavan Wi. & belongs to a down town business man. I have heard that he runs a re-sell shop? You could start calling re-sell shops in Delavan & with some luck you would find him? And of course mine is for sale to that special person that I may never find! Good luck Ole' Bob.
Ps: If ya haven't checked out my post yet take a half hour & read it as this car is even more rare than a GNX! It's a 9C1 two door, not that that means much other than they didn't make many.

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 330
Reactions: 1 users

Cwc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2017
Bob,thanks so much for checking,it's truly appreciated.if that black car was a true black with red guts,I would of loved to of had it.that is by far my favorite combo.im in process of helping to restore a real black red inside 67 L78 camaro.what exactly do you mean by re-sell shop, I'm not familiar.
I've read your complete thread, prolly the rarest of the rare Malibu,I remember a 9c1 1981 4 door in a junkyard several years ago.dark blue,dark blue inside,f41,speedo like your car,bucket seat column shift,no console,I pulled cluster and sway bars,we left buckets because they would not lay forward.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Cwc & all;
Bob,thanks so much for checking,it's truly appreciated.if that black car was a true black with red guts,I would of loved to of had it.that is by far my favorite combo.im in process of helping to restore a real black red inside 67 L78 camaro.what exactly do you mean by re-sell shop, I'm not familiar.
I've read your complete thread, prolly the rarest of the rare Malibu,I remember a 9c1 1981 4 door in a junkyard several years ago.dark blue,dark blue inside,f41,speedo like your car,bucket seat column shift,no console,I pulled cluster and sway bars,we left buckets because they would not lay forward.
Hopefully my post didn't put you to sleep?? I know three cups of coffee & a Dr Pepper and ya made it to the end. Anyway yes the black car is OE black with 85% original paint & some modest body work to the rear quarter from an unbelievable crash. It is owned by TLC of Milton Wis., but Please DON'T call him anytime soon. As that will only piss him off more than he already is with me, not that I care much. Maybe next year & you can say that you were talking with someone on Power Tour. That way he won't connect me with the info. As for the wine colored one in Delavan, a resale shop is a second hand shop they sell used stuff. Clothes you name it. Delavan is a tourist town & has maybe 5 or 6 shops like that. The local Big car show is coming up in a few weeks. It's possible he may show & if he does I'll try to get a name & #. Good Luck Ole' Bob

Cwc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2017
Bob,I I definitely enjoyed your post,you seem very meticulous, excellent quality when it comes to automobiles.
Thanks again for checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor