Ideas on straight pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
This sounds pretty stupid so I apologize for my newbie *ss in advance, but now that my Caprice has been inspected there, I was wondering what’s the best way to straight pipe the old 305?

I already have Magnaflow dual exhaust on the Bonneville, so I don’t plan on doing that here. Just want to do something cheap for little while, as lame as that sounds.

I was thinking of taking a jigsaw, cutting near the catalytic converter, and using one of those Gates extension pipes there.

Is that a good cheap way of doing it? Thanks.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
They may have the "cat" to work as a straight pipe & give the looks of a cat.
I'll take a look, thanks. Although I probably will get rid of my cat since my vehicle doesn't require it here in Ontario.

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I have true dual exhaust on my 1981 El Camino SS with 290 HP 350 .Shorty headers Flowmaster mufflers with 2 1/4 pipe. with a notched cross member. .To do that I treated it like a 1975 and older muscle car.

Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I have true dual exhaust on my 1981 El Camino SS with 290 HP 350 .Shorty headers Flowmaster mufflers with 2 1/4 pipe. with a notched cross member. .To do that I treated it like a 1975 and older muscle car.
I also have true dual exhaust on my Pontiac as well, which also has a notched crosser, but I don't plan to do it on my Caprice this time because #1 it came with the car, and #2 I just spent over 2 stacks on getting the car to pass at an Ontario MVIS.

That's why I just want to do a cheap straight pipe for the time being.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Isn't that when they use the ol swing set out back that broke when using it pull out a motor from a Ferd
Ford motor in a GM? Shame on thee who does such terrible things :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
Go to an auto parts store and get the sections of exhaust pipe that you can install yourself. Is a solutions

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor