Ignition coil or not????

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianMCmoreno

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2017
are you saying you found the problem by testing it according to the video or did it pass that test?....if it passed the test how did you discover it was the ignition coil?

Ok so I tested the coil just like on the video and the results were in the range of passing but I swapped it out with a used one... so it was either the coil or the spring and button under it
:unsure:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ok so I tested the coil just like on the video and the results were in the range of passing but I swapped it out with a used one... so it was either the coil or the spring and button under it
:unsure:

I would try the original coil with the new spring and button so you know if you have a spare coil now and to see if that test on youtube works so other guys can either use the test procedures or ignore them

Reactions: 1 user

1980s

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2019
Years ago I chased the timing on a sbc. I would set it and it would be okay for a while then the engine would ping. The mechanical advance was not rotating on the shaft because of rust. Removed the distributor, cleaned and oiled the shaft, and reinstalled it. Problem solved. Check for carbon tracking in the cap and on the rotor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor