Ignition problem? Rough idle, dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Guessing I’ll be looking for Ethanol free gas stations in the future. Maybe %10 is okay.
I don't recall exactly, but my Edelbrock info said not to use gas/ethanol in excess of...15? percent ethanol? That had me worried at first, until I learned that the gas in my area was below the "overdose" percentage. The ethanol ruins the seals.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yep. Ethanol is terrible for carbs.

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
Thanks for all the suggestions!

It was goo in needles and a falling apart needle o ring! Took the carb apart and gave it a good cleaning. Runs great now. Changed the oil because who knows how much gas got dumped.

The secondary bowl had a little residue at the bottom. I’m guessing I had some fuel with too much ethanol sit for a little whilein the carb.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Some gas stations cheat and sell gas that contains more than 5% ethanol despite being labeled 5%. Furthermore, those O rings are subpar, in this day and age carb soft parts should be able to withstand ethanol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor