EL CAMINO Ignition sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
newzealand
finally got the camino back together and running fine-ish, anyway need some advise with electrical. When the key is turned to the first click, before the dash lights up, is this suppose to be like an axillary where the radio etc works.? i have no switched power unless the ignition is fully on.
similarly i think the cig lighter is suppose to be battery supplied but is dead as. Any help would be appreciated, electrical just does my head in.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I think the first 'click' only unlocks the column, then second click is run. From there, rotate the ignition cylinder against the spring to start.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
1595172516861.png

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

tellboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
newzealand
cheers guys, and you were right on with the fuse, all sorts of sh*t happening, but bloody hell the clock tic is loud plus there's now a second buzzer when the ignition is on.
i know ones the seat belt buzzer, is the other to do with the choke?

tellboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
newzealand
Hi Guys , as previous your help with keyed electrics was brilliant but i still cant sus out which wire is accessory power, ie to power radio when vehicle is off.
key/switch turns to accessory but nothing at fuse box is alive (accept battery direct) or dose power come direct from switch its self and if so ,what color wire?
I'm thinking towards the lighter gauge brown one . any help would be great-cheers in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor