ignition set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
what a good ignition set up for mild build olds 455 daily driver with hei distributor 750 edel, stock exhaust

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I agree, if its working, there is no HP in ignition. Just use good parts in your HEI and it will do the job fine.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Do you know what curve is in your current HEI? You might want lighter springs and an adjustable vacuum advance canister. The Pertronix Ignitor or the MSD modules are nice and pricey but both have built in rev limiters. I like the Accel coils but they canceled the Brute Thunder coil with the Red and White leads, I bought one of the last ones in existence. I also really like the now cancelled Accel 8.8 25 ohm race wires, they held up much better than the MSD Superconductor wires to the extreme towing heat my 403 went through. Also NGK XR5 plugs for iron heads over A/C Delco or Autolite.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
GM HEI only way to go. I compared many others on a scope

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor