I'll be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
Friends...I woke up at about 2 a.m. on May 15 with a pain on the side of my head behind my left ear. After putting a cold compress on it I went back to bed. At about 9 a.m. I told my wife I was having a hard time with some words. She took me to the ER. After they asked me a couple of questions I was put into Intensive Care. I was poked and prodded and had a brain scan, it turns out I had a cerebral hemorrhage. I could say my name, my age, my wife's name, etc. but I could not say my address, street, city, or the hospital I was in. After two days and a lot of testing, doctors, and several brain scans I was sent home. We missed attending our first Loons baseball game (but we have made it to the next two games)... Today I am working through my Aphasia. It is a language disorder that affects the ability to communicate, My speech therapist thinks most of my communication will come back.

Doug

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Doug.
We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing you good health and full recovery. I'm glad that you acted immediately for medical care. Every moment is crucial.

• Agree
Reactions: 13 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Oh Man,
All the best to you and your family. Good luck and keep a positive vibe.
Think G Body on steroids:)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Doug, thank you very much for letting us know. I hope you fully recover without too many difficulties with regaining your speech. You know we are all pulling for you so it would be great if you or you wife could pop on to let us know how you are doing....(y)

I'm sure a few of us wouldn't mind bumping this this thread so Doug or his wife can easily find it...:)

Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Thoughts and prayers for you Doug.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor