MALIBU I'm New (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I was on here several years ago with a Malibu Wagon. (SS Wagon) I didn't post much as computer stuff just isn't something I'm good at. I'd like to think I'm a little better at it now since my son is old enough to babysit me. I rejoined about a month and a half ago but have been nosing around on here for a little while. I have a 1979 Malibu that has been fun making it my own. After all, that's what it's all about. I looked for a couple of years before finding one that was not too beat up and in my price range. I've done a lot to it since I've had it (money warranting). Everything needs to be paid for in full. I have a crapload of pictures and paperwork because, that's what you do. I'll be sharing pictures as discussions come up to show what I've done to mine in case that helps someone else here. We are all one big Gbody family. I can't wait to get started on my Gbody Forum Venture. With your help and any contributions I can make, we will all enjoy our rides just a little bit more. I live in the Phoenix East Valley area and would like to meet any of you in the Phoenix area.

20210825_061832.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome back aboard!
Nice Malibu. What's your plans for it, and what's been done to it so far?

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I had to put a trans in it immediately. The metric 200 was completely trashed. Good thing I have a friend that owns a transmission shop. While he was at it, we also pulled the diff cover off to make sure everything was good inside there and get the numbers off the rind and pinion for the gear ratio. Did the complete front steering from one end to the other and replaced the steering gearbox from the 605 to the 800 series quick ratio box. Complete A/C system. Aluminum Radiator/twin electric fans. Complete exhaust. Fuel tank/sending unit/straps. Sport-comp II gauges. I'm know there's more stuff but it's hard to remember everything off the top of my head.

20210809_133101.jpg
20210508_105643.jpg
20200725_173927.jpg

Here's just a few pics.

Reactions: 6 users

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Welcome back! Im in the east valley as well! Hope to see ya around.

What are your next plans for the car?

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
While I'm not crazy about the wheels ('78 corvette wheels) still won't be doing anything crazy when they are replaced. Most of the things I do on the cars I've owned may be after market but I like to make it look like it was supposed to be there if the factory used good stuff

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome back, good looking car

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Welcome back! Im in the east valley as well! Hope to see ya around.

What are your next plans for the car?
H&I Auto should be having their meet this Friday. 2nd Friday of every month. I'll probably swing by. Higley just north of Queen Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor