I’M NOT DEAD !!!! ☠️

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
"Looking forward to the PT?" Say that again once the Therapists start you doing sit ups and body twists to exercise those muscles.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I had a microdiscectomy and laminectomy done there, but not a fusion. You know it was bad when the pain that comes after surgery is a welcome relief from what you had before. Best of luck on the rest of your recovery!
I had a laminectomy back in 2020. It helped dearly!

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
yeah, I never had my C5-6 disc with pinched nerve fixed 20 yrs ago, the steroid shots took care of it (thank Gods!!). but like Flyers had to have mine rescheduled. the day I was supposed to get the first shot, the wife (who was pregnant) decided to go into labor. so I sat there the whole time in Labor/Deliver with a pinched nerve. she got the epidural and I was thinking, "wonder if I can ask for that too?"
I originally injured my back in 2014. One shot every year for awhile, then every 6-10 months. Back in September we were cleaning out my grandparents house. I forgot that after you go the back door, there is a step down on to the deck. I stumbled, fell forward and kinda did that running forward/falling for distance thing for a few steps but caught myself on the railing before falling down completely. After the 3 hour drive home, and 2 days later I couldn’t walk. Got in to see my Dr. Come to find out I re-herniated the disc. Or herniated it further than it was. Left foot completely numb from pinky to 4 toe, weakness and tingling all up my left calf and thigh. Pain in the *ss literally, and lower back. Left calf and quad muscles locking up. No fun. They tried another injection and for the 1st time it didn’t do anything. So surgery it was. And here we are! Finally got relief. Thank you for all the well wishes! I can’t go back to work until I can lift 50 pounds, so if everything goes good I’m looking at August. Should be able to carefully get working on my car here end of June/Early July. With the boys help of course. Bet him it would be driveable by Halloween.

Reactions: 7 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Well had my 90 day post opp check up today. Everything is healing nicely, no issues, pretty much pain free!!! A little sore here and there is I over do it, but getting fewer and further between! Spent yesterday fixing a broken hold down pin on the rear drums of the Tahoe, while I had it on jack stands replaced the U bolts on the leaf springs. 2 worn down like a body mount bolt to about the size of a pencil, one broken, one snapped with 2 turns of the ratchet! Threw the new shocks on while I was there. Worked from 2-7 and felt no pain! My shoulder hurt more that any thing! Felt fine back wise today!!! Check out this X-Ray!
IMG_8379.jpeg
IMG_8379.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 14 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just be glad you didn't have to go through an addadictomy.

drums-troll.gif

• Haha
  • Happy
Reactions: 3 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Had same thought as Bonnewagon! Glad to hear. Keep up the forward momentum and you’ll be kicking butts and taking names.

Reactions: 1 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Thanks everyone!

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor